• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun is out here and boy is that sun angle getting higher. I love how it looks so much brighter outside. Spring is on its way ! In 2 weeks it will be daylight until 8pm !

• That's ok., wait until it is 55 for the low in July early in the month :p
55 for a low in July? I’ve had multiple nights of lows in the 60s the last week. That’s what’s made this period feel so warm if you ask me. It’s one thing to have upper 70s for highs in February. But the lows being 10+ degrees higher then our average highs is ludicrous.

55 for a low in July? I’ve had multiple nights of lows in the 60s the last week. That’s what’s made this period feel so warm if you ask me. It’s one thing to have upper 70s for highs in February. But the lows being 10+ degrees higher then our average highs is ludicrous.
Yeah, I’ve had 3 or 4 times the past week or so, where I set record high minimums and record highs the same day! Has truly been a remarkable heatwave for February, and hope I never see another one in my lifetime!

I've had the AC on for the past week... don't think I've ever had to do that in Feb before.

This has been a boring month here in regards to weather. I do like the waemer temps, though. It might as well be warm and dry if we don't have any chance at snow or severe weather.

I'm so tired of storms dying out before they reach my area. The drought is only intensifying here and the chances remain shoddy at best over the next few days.

After Jan 18th, the rest of winter has been a miserable dumpster fire and no end in sight ! Atleast the drought busting rains have helped! If it had been 75-80 and no rain for 4-6 weeks, there could’ve been some epic meltdowns!

After Jan 18th, the rest of winter has been a miserable dumpster fire and no end in sight ! Atleast the drought busting rains have helped! If it had been 75-80 and no rain for 4-6 weeks, there could’ve been some epic meltdowns!

You want to talk about misery, Mack? Bad health can be extremely miserable. What you're talking about isn't in the same galaxy as bad health can be on the misery index. Just trying to emphasize how silly it is to talk about wx in this way. And besides, if I were to put it on a strict wx misery index, it is nowhere near as miserable as just about every summer day.

You want to talk about misery, Mack? Bad health can be extremely miserable. What you're talking about isn't in the same galaxy as bad health can be on the misery index. Just trying to emphasize how silly it is to talk about wx in this way. And besides, if I were to put it on a strict wx misery index, it is nowhere near as miserable as just about every summer day.
When I make complaints about weather, I gues it should be understood that there are a lot of worse off situations and people in the world, I get it. But complaining about something that you can’t control seems silly, but most health situations and issues , CAN be controlled and prevented. I am blessed with decent health and healthy family, so outside of day to day life, I only have weather to complain about, so I’m lucky in that aspect.

It was actually pretty good in central NC thru the first couple days of February, we had a few nickel/dime events before the torch set in during the 2nd week of February after the storm on the 4th.
January 29-30 2018 NC Snowmap .png
February 4 2018 NC Snowmap.png

All that snow in Rome and we may eek out a few days in the 50’s with a record negative NAO. FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was actually pretty good in central NC thru the first couple days of February, we had a few nickel/dime events before the torch set in during the 2nd week of February after the storm on the 4th.
View attachment 4239
View attachment 4240
We actually lucked up and got a solid 1/2 inch on 2/4 and we were below normal temp wise through the 16th. It has been warmer since the 16th but nothing like some have had. We have been closer to the battleground and have had 10 inches of rain this month.

We actually lucked up and got a solid 1/2 inch on 2/4 and we were below normal temp wise through the 16th. It has been warmer since the 16th but nothing like some have had. We have been closer to the battleground and have had 10 inches of rain this month.

Yes we got very lucky to have normal with a few below normal days the first half of the month. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it will keep me from having to mow the first week in March for the 2nd year in a row.

A basically snowless winter here in Dallas for the 3rd winter in a row(longest streak in 73 years) but were likely gonna have the wettest February on record by Wednesday so at least the drought is going away lol

A basically snowless winter here in Dallas for the 3rd winter in a row(longest streak in 73 years) but were likely gonna have the wettest February on record by Wednesday so at least the drought is going away lol
The possibly developing Nino next winter will help also and end your snowless streak next winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back