• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably won't actually have the A/C on for a long time yet (but really, a short time considering what's about to start for me), but then again, I live with someone that doesn't care to put it on until he has to.

It's actually gotten close to his threshold inside (which is 76-77), but even still...lol.

Smoke and mirrors.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_41.png

gfs_2018022312_fh252_sounding_KINT.png

Soundings post-truncation are smoke and mirrors lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cold chasing moisture always works! Start the hundred posts an hour, stat!

Stop playing fantasy games GFS, we know your fantasy systems aren't going to be anything and it's only going to fuel the weenies. However, if all you people who want to hold on hope still, your system is at 240 hours on the 12Z run.
Using a day 10+ model run as evidence for or against a particular solution or getting even a little flustered over it is not a good idea lol. I'm still waiting on those SE US weenies to get hyped up over this day 10+ GFS run & the board is pretty quiet. Shocker.

This big plate of frog legs for lunch is Yum yum yummy!

Using a day 10+ model run as evidence for or against a particular solution or getting even a little flustered over it is not a good idea lol. I'm still waiting on those SE US weenies to get hyped up over this day 10+ GFS run & the board is pretty quiet. Shocker.
Lol who said I was using it as anything but something to laugh at?

Lol who said I was using it as anything but something to laugh at?

I just find it funny you're the first person to mention LR GFS fantasies and post 12 day GFS runs on the main March discussion and then along w/ a few others got upset last night when a reputable poster like John does the exact same thing posts LR model solutions in jest. You clearly said it was being utilized as some form of "hope" for those holding onto winter? Maybe if you or someone else is a massive weenie perhaps and lives/dies by models (even over several runs) but it doesn't represent hope or a lost cause to almost the entire board and seasoned mets and I've yet to see anyone get really hyped up about it here like you said they would... Maybe that'll change in several days if we're lucky.

Last edited:
I'm keeping an eye on potential changes in the pattern, but I've finally learned to temper any excitement outside of 48 hours. Would love just to get back to near seasonal, which could save this winter from being an F in my area.

Meanwhile North Carolina was accused of cheating again , this time in basketball.
Cheating works, Auburn is pretty good this year. I say pay them all

I just get back on here and see this..... I'm way too busy at work to weed through this stuff, I check in from time to time to see if anything is on the horizon (yep Mods have real jobs Lol) but please I'll say this as respectfully and politely as I can, cut it out. Not another personal attack post, comment or word or I'll make my case to the admins that all of you get banned. And trust me that is not what I want to see happen, all three of you add amazing value to the discussion but these personal comments are, I'm sorry, they are childish and uncalled for imo. Thanks guys, please keep it civilized.

So now by your own admission, you were using smoke and mirrors to try and prove the upcoming pattern change supports a winter storm idea. Worse yet, based on one run with literally zero ensemble support and even worse still based on the low resolution control run. Interesting!
March 1962

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back