• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand why Indianapolis is in Eastern Time Zone but Nashville and Birmingham are in Central. Isnt Indy pretty much due north of Birmingham and Nashville ? Shouldnt IN and AL be in the same time zone since they are due North-South of each other ?

I know Indiana has had a lot of controversy with time zones and then theres the issue that the highly populated Chicago suburbs are on Central time

And until 2005 some places didnt even observe DST

But more broadly a lot of the world doesnt even observe DST

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing to see the lights of humanity from space ...

View attachment 4309

Catch me in the tiny dot to the way left of JAX ... :p

Phil,
Cool map!! Do I see Vets Park within that tiny Gainseville light? ;)
I'm educatedly guessing that Lake City is the dot north of Gainesville and Ocala is south.

Leaving next weekend for a 14 day work trip tp Maryland . I find myself spending time in the MA thread and realizing one thing . All weather boards have delusional people and , unrealistic expectations can be found throughout the weather board community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.png It looks like The Masters may not have Azaleas for the 2nd year in a row

Last nights cold biased Canadian run. GFS was also cold

Omgd I’ll take the 12z gfs MA mega storm for 1000 please
566bab818e8f147ef4deb39ac1890c5f.jpg

View attachment 4313 It looks like The Masters may not have Azaleas for the 2nd year in a row

Last nights cold biased Canadian run. GFS was also cold
Mid-lower 20s are easily doable around end of the week! Bye bye peach crop! The idiots on TWC this morning said” no widespread below freezing weather in the south, not a cold airnass “ today on the air! They’re too busy losing their load about the breeze storm in NE

Well the 00z euro looked good for Maryland . Hey Brent , what’s it like to be headed somewhere up north that’s getting epic clown maps 5-7 days out ? I’m fully expecting 36 degrees with rain that’s blowing sideways

501bf4073507afd123c83a825d613e20.jpg

Well the 00z euro looked good for Maryland . Hey Brent , what’s it like to be headed somewhere up north that’s getting epic clown maps 5-7 days out ? I’m fully expecting 36 degrees with rain that’s blowing sideways

501bf4073507afd123c83a825d613e20.jpg

Looks like DC will have more snow than this area after all if that verifies. I also have to laugh at the smell of desperation that's coming out right now. Token flakes at best is what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back