Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this goes but I caught a pretty good shot of a wall cloud and lowering today from my drone. Shout out to @olhausen for helping me pick one. This is from Hayden al looking north to the storm. What I believe was a wall cloud. No major damage with it but it did have some rotation with it for a long time

Awesome pictures man! I can’t wait to get video of those afternoon summer thunderstorms with my drone this year. I haven’t been able to fly that much lately due to the weather but should be able to after today.

Reactions: proud dad
Yes, there are sporadic pockets of frozen showing up north in my neighbors' back yards (which is truly nice to see :cool:), but more importantly is the modeled recurring precip, which maybe will keep the fire danger down some as we all head in to Spring (and also get FS's lake up to where it needs to be) ... unlike perhaps last year ... ;)

Ah nothing that I love more than a sudden change transitory day where it hits 80 one day after a few cool days and is going to be in the 60s afterward, SMH.

According to my facebook timeline, it snowed on this day in 2010 !

According to my timeline it snowed about an inch 5 years ago today. I like that Timehop shows all my snows of past years. I forget sometimes that even though I technically live in the south I still get a decent amount of snow during the winter. No way I could live any further south though because I still feel snow starved where I’m at now.

For anyone who hasn't seen this (it is and has been in our Wiki since when I populated the Models section ages ago), this is a really neat site; personally, I love the meteograms, but there's other "eye candy" for different tastes .... just thought I'd toss it out there if anyone is interested on a Friday afternoon ...
http://wxmaps.org/meteograms.php
Hint - Use our (your) Wiki ... :cool:

Leaving in 10 minutes for a quick three night trip to my little peace of heaven on earth. The western most end of Panama City Beach. Still relatively low-rise and unspoiled. Will spend at least 1 meal a day at Mike's Diner (oyster bar side) enjoying all manner of oysters,shrimp, etc. The rest of the time will be relaxing on the beach, walking, reading, tipping a cold one, etc. Just me and my girlfriend who has been my wife for the past 35 1/2 years. It won't be like our May and September trips, but it should be just what we need to re-charge. Hope everyone on the board enjoys a beautiful weekend for a change. "Hang Loose" friends.

I'd be for it. Go an hour forward and stay there permanently.

Alabama should just move to eastern time already lol

Our sunsets here never get earlier than 530 and were about to be near or past 8pm(as late as almost 9pm in June and July) sunsets for the next 6 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcbjr
Alabama should just move to eastern time already lol

Our sunsets here never get earlier than 530 and were about to be near or past 8pm(as late as almost 9pm in June and July) sunsets for the next 6 months.
i dont understand why Indianapolis is in Eastern Time Zone but Nashville and Birmingham are in Central. Isnt Indy pretty much due north of Birmingham and Nashville ? Shouldnt IN and AL be in the same time zone since they are due North-South of each other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.