• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any musicians here? I bought a Tony Rice guitar lesson book and about to dig in. Learnin' me some bluegrass licks baby..

Any musicians here? I bought a Tony Rice guitar lesson book and about to dig in. Learnin' me some bluegrass licks baby..
I got an Estabon about 10 years ago

Looks like I'm moving to Greenville or charlotte from bham in next 3 weeks. I would assume charlotte gets more snow right??

thinking about going to Vegas for my 30th birthday in July.... its gonna be so hot though...:confused:

Why is my birthday in July :p

go now and pretend it's your birthday... in July, go to Alaska.

lol its funny I went up north last year to heat waves(other than the snow in NYC every trip has had heat) so I mean at least here it wont be unexpected lol

I lived in San Francisco as a kid.. we had 2 weeks in August in the 80s, the rest of the summer was in the 60s.. rarely got to use the pool. Weird Climate there...

I lived in San Francisco as a kid.. we had 2 weeks in August in the 80s, the rest of the summer was in the 60s.. rarely got to use the pool. Weird Climate there...

yeah its definitely a different climate, that was how my summer plans started for sure

Brent I have a question. Are TX summers worse than AL summers ? I mean i Imagine its not quite as humid there.

I can also answer that.. I lived in Houston and Austin growing up(as well as San Fran for 1 year)... Houston is as humid and worse than Alabama summers, except for maybe southern Ala. Austin is a bit drier, but scorching hot and miserable.. I'd say yes for sure.

Does anyone ever read those rankings that list the best and worst states. In every ranking Ive seen the southern states are always dead last. Education, Health Care, etc. Iowa, MN, ND and the northeast always do well.

I love it here in East Tennessee.. wish we got a bit more snow on a yearly basis, but otherwise it's great. It would take a 6 figure salary to get me to move back to Texas. That's all I'll say about that. :)

I love it here in East Tennessee.. wish we got a bit more snow on a yearly basis, but otherwise it's great. It would take a 6 figure salary to get me to move back to Texas. That's all I'll say about that. :)
I love East TN also. Its by far my favorite area of the southeast. I honestly think I would rather live in TX than FL. FL just seems way more humid and the people in TX seem nicer. Im jealous that you lived in SF because I would absolutely love to live on the west coast. Just strictly speaking in terms of weather that is my ideal place to live. Definitely dont have to deal with 90 degrees and 70 dp crap in SF in July.

Last edited:
My flight is booked I land at BWI at 215 Sunday afternoon . Someone tell the MA people their hope for a snow storm Sunday night into Monday is officially dead !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back