Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not against the rules to post these kinds of external links, but this is one of the best love songs ever to strum across guitar stings and vocal cords. And this is one of the best performances of the song ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcbjr
I hope it's not against the rules to post these kinds of external links, but this is the best love song ever to strum across guitar stings and vocal cords. And this is one of the best performances of the song ever.

Until there is weather - why not get to know each other with good music and banter? Check out that JGB one I put up a few posts back - sit with a glass (or bottle) of wine and sip life ....

She's actually an older kitten, she's about half a year old I think, give or take a couple of weeks. She was tamed by my dad at two, three months because his beloved older cat that he tamed a couple years back passed away last fall. (a former feral cat had her, and this formal feral cat is closer to being tame than I remember her)

There was a time, several years ago in which my neighborhood was filled with cats. Someone a couple doors down used to keep a lot of cats, they moved, and didn't take their cats with them (and that house is still uninhabited). So those cats just roamed the neighborhood for at least three months, and I remember one time, lets say I was 13 years old then, give or take a year, in which I found a kitten that couldn't be more than a day or two old just off of the side of the road near my house. I spent some time around this newborn kitten, and when I was finished, this kitten started following me a little like I was it's mother, which I found to be cute. (Sadly, I couldn't take this very young kitten with me to the house)

Eventually, the cat population really thinned out, but we ended up having four cats adopt my dad for most of my years in high school. These were domesticated cats that just didn't have a home and our yard kind of was their home. Unfortunately they all aren't here today (two disappeared, two got sick and died).

After my dad's first beloved cat passed, I remember in that summer, we had house mice appear. So he decided that he was going to experiment with taming this young feral cat that had appeared in his yard (the one I talked about that had sadly passed), and he was able to do so successfully (and apparently, the threat of a cat around has kept the mice mostly at bay). Not long after he did so, another feral cat that we think is his sister (and is still here) appeared.

She's actually an older kitten, she's about half a year old I think, give or take a couple of weeks. She was tamed by my dad at two, three months because his beloved older cat that he tamed a couple years back passed away last fall. (a former feral cat had her, and this formal feral cat is closer to being tame than I remember her)

There was a time, several years ago in which my neighborhood was filled with cats. Someone a couple doors down used to keep a lot of cats, they moved, and didn't take their cats with them (and that house is still uninhabited). So those cats just roamed the neighborhood for at least three months, and I remember one time, lets say I was 13 years old then, give or take a year, in which I found a kitten that couldn't be more than a day or two old just off of the side of the road near my house. I spent some time around this newborn kitten, and when I was finished, this kitten started following me a little like I was it's mother, which I found to be cute. (Sadly, I couldn't take this very young kitten with me to the house)

Eventually, the cat population really thinned out, but we ended up having four cats adopt my dad for most of my years in high school. These were domesticated cats that just didn't have a home and our yard kind of was their home. Unfortunately they all aren't here today (two disappeared, two got sick and died).

After my dad's first beloved cat passed, I remember in that summer, we had house mice appear. So he decided that he was going to experiment with taming this young feral cat that had appeared in his yard (the one I talked about that had sadly passed), and he was able to do so successfully (and apparently, the threat of a cat around has kept the mice mostly at bay). Not long after he did so, another feral cat that we think is his sister (and is still here) appeared.
That house may be uninhabitable after having a bunch of cats as it's only residents. Sounds like your dad is another cat whisperer! I like reading your stories, GeorgiaGirl. You have a very sincere quality about you - refreshing!

That house may be uninhabitable after having a bunch of cats as it's only residents. Sounds like your dad is another cat whisperer! I like reading your stories, GeorgiaGirl. You have a very sincere quality about you - refreshing!
and great song lyrics .... ;)

Last edited:
After a really long and hard day at the office on a Saturday, may I pop back in and say, "Thanks, Folks!" Y'all are great! Enjoy your company! It's refreshing. :)
Best!
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.