Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
i never actually left - just doing penance! shawn's the only one who can hide me and he's off chasing snow angels - so i suppose i'm safe :D
Now he's out drowning his sorrows with Coreytucker! Gamecocks blew it!

i never actually left - just doing penance! shawn's the only one who can hide me and he's off chasing snow angels - so i suppose i'm safe :D
Do you remember the scene in Patton when he had the drink with the Russian general? Giving burns a"like" "over there" was the same dig ... :p

We had multiple members chasing the last few days . If anyone plans on chasing this week please message me or text me . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving this conversation from a specific storm thread to Banter. This video was taken by a co-worker from one of the buildings where I work at around 11 AM on 4/27/2011. The rotating wall cloud never touched down from this particular storm that I know of. The strangest thing about that day is we had tornado sirens blaring from around 4 AM until the power went out at around 5 PM (the sirens were inoperable without power). I still heard the wailing of tornado sirens for 2 or 3 days afterwards in my head. It was bizarre.

Reactions: Storm5 and pcbjr
Way to go Lady Gamecocks!
Go Tarheels! Let's bring home another championship tomorrow night!

Reactions: Metwannabe
Since I knew that there was a threat of serious storms today, I spent some time reflecting on what I experienced for the second time about late May-ish last year late last night and earlier today.

I'm not sure that this was a direct lightning strike on my house, but I remember some time late last spring late in the morning or early in the afternoon, where during a bad pop up thunderstorm, at literally the same time, I heard a huge crash, saw light flash in the window that is behind me (the window and blinds were closed but it was like lightning came into the house behind me for a second), heard something electrical, and had the power snap all at the same time. This was the climax of the storm and it immediately calmed down after it (and there was no electrical damage), but it was surreal to have this happen as something similar to me happened in 2011, and it ended worse than it did with this time.
I was playing video games this time (silly me) during a thunderstorm and I heard the same huge crash, the power snapped, and I saw smoke come out of the TV (instead of the electrical thing I heard in the most recent time). I sat there stunned for a few moments, and my dad walked into the room and asked me "Are you okay?" (Because he knew that I was playing video games, but since I was using a Wii, I had a wireless controller)

Once the power returned, we found out that almost everything that needed electricity in the room was damaged by lightning.

Reactions: skywatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.