• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta love the ebb and flow with each and every model run. Daggone it, yeah; shoot, fun, torch, freezer, meh, toss it, maybe, if, then, only, why, crap, winters over (yet it just barely started)

I can't believe elementary schools let their kids post on these boards during the day
This board is near excellence compared to some of the other boards that almost look like trolling contests.

gotta love the ebb and flow with each and every model run. Daggone it, yeah; shoot, fun, torch, freezer, meh, toss it, maybe, if, then, only, why, crap, winters over (yet it just barely started)

I can't believe elementary schools let their kids post on these boards during the day

I believe you just basically called members on here, children... I think your post was fine until the not so subtle insult.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I need something to track again. This month is always the slowest at work and I am SO bored, even more than I usually am.

I believe you just basically called members on here, children... I think your post was fine until the not so subtle insult.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IDK. There was a poster during the snow storm thread whose profile page indicated 13 yrs old.
I believe it was Friday early afternoon. Maybe that's what he meant. ;)

After last week, WSBTV in Atlanta is showing the viewers some of the variables and how tough it is to forecast these southeast storms.

01549_C4_A-_FE3_E-4_AF0-_A100-711_BD394_A24_C.png

I️ really would like a decent ice storm to sleet then snow on the backside long duration event like feb 2014.

I️ really would like a decent ice storm to sleet then snow on the backside long duration event like feb 2014.

As much as I love cold and winter weather in general I absolutely want no part of a major ice storm. Luckily my area has been able to just miss out on a few devastating ice storms over the last 11 winters. I don’t mind just a coating because it does look beautiful on the trees and power lines. But anything heavy is not something I would look forward to.

As much as I love cold and winter weather in general I absolutely want no part of a major ice storm. Luckily my area has been able to just miss out on a few devastating ice storms over the last 11 winters. I don’t mind just a coating because it does look beautiful on the trees and power lines. But anything heavy is not something I would look forward to.
Once you get over about a quarter inch of ice, it starts to become a problem. A half inch of ice IS bad

I'm not sure which is worse in terms of losing power and trees falling : A heavy wet snow like we recently saw or a major ice storm.

ice is DEFINITELY worse, no question

destroys wider infrastructure not just a power line here and there

Heavy wet snow can still be moved lol... can't do anything about ice really

Ice storms are the worst. It can knock power for weeks and it can make trees fall down and do widespread damage.

Ice storms are the worst. It can knock power for weeks and it can make trees fall down and do widespread damage.
Natures pruning! Takes out dead branches and weaker trees! And occasionally, perfectly healthy , giant trees! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back