• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is another snowstorm east of here next weekend i hope its further north for the people who missed out lol central alabama had their snow for the winter :p

If there is another snowstorm east of here next weekend i hope its further north for the people who missed out lol central alabama had their snow for the winter :p

Bah, who wants that idea, nail us again and leave North AL out. Lets see they got 1/10/11, 2/12/14 and 2/25/15. We made up ground with the Snowjam and last week, so we are still down one to get us even.

#1 storm of my life: Jan 1988!
14-16" of powder, fell with temps in the teens, ended as -ZR 1/4" on top of the snow. Extremely cold afterwards, no school for about 2 weeks! I was in Gastonia NC at the time. Doubt that one will ever be topped for me, in my lifetime!

So, 3 GFS runs in a row - 80º on Christmas. Bah Humbug ...
default_sad4.gif
default_fever.gif
default_lightning.gif

Bah, who wants that idea, nail us again and leave North AL out. Lets see they got 1/10/11, 2/12/14 and 2/25/15. We made up ground with the Snowjam and last week, so we are still down one to get us even.

Okay but i want snow too 3 days later i'm still salty lmao

The Christmas storm needs to verify lol

It was awesome to see the snow fall here yesterday. The flakes were huge at times, too. I was out putting up more Christmas lights in the snow.

Also, congrats to Wake Forest High for winning back to back state 4AA football titles.

Had a great time camping over the weekend in Brevard, NC. I'd guess we got somewhere around 9" when it was all said and done, maybe a bit more. The drive up on Friday was interesting but made it up without incident. The snow was like cement though, there were limbs coming down all night Friday and all day Saturday. That was my least favorite part of being in the middle of the forest in a snow storm.

funny, 2014-2015 was my first winter in Dallas and one of the best I've seen lol. It's just been trash ever since.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much... last storm in Alabama 1/28/2014 was like the best storm ever in Alabama really(close to jackpot without the disaster of Bham/Atlanta) and then 3/4-3/5/2015 here in Dallas was amazing for about 3 hours in the late evening(heaviest snow I've ever seen) but once the evil sun came up that was over, and it hasn't snowed more than a dusting since...

The 2014-2015 winter was a great one for me. It took a while though but once mid February hit I received 2 snow storms and one minor ice storm in a little over 2 weeks time. That was the longest I’d ever seen snow stay on the ground as my neighborhood had 1 inch or more the whole time. The following winter was somewhat warm but I received the big dog 12 inch snow in mid January which made it my 2nd favorite winter of all time! Little did I know it would be followed by the warmest and worst winter of my life.

Its crazy having all this cold air before winter even starts. Tomorrow and tomorrow night are going to be brutal with the winds !

Yeah but its been 7 years since we had a cold december.
Of course, I️ just hate the term “astronomical winter” it isn’t a good representation for the earth’s annual temperature cycle except in high latitude near the poles.. also, you shouldn’t be surprised that we are experiencing these below average temperatures since we are in a la-Niña.. enjoy the winter before February comes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back