• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right. That's why you should never trust an advertised great pattern when its 10+ days away.

Yes, if it's showing a good pattern for winter storms. It seems the models can't really pick up on winter storm chances until we're inside 5 days at least. So, I guess one way it sucks to see the long range pattern go to crap, but then again something can come up inside 5 days because that's really when the models pick up on something anyway.

Thankfully I have a pre school Christmas party to go to this morning so I'll miss the GFS torch run
Storm - regarding the Euro MSLP map you just posted in the other thread, can you educate me about why that set up is so atypical and encouraging? Asking for a friend! :D

Storm - regarding the Euro MSLP map you just posted in the other thread, can you educate me about why that set up is so atypical and encouraging? Asking for a friend! :D

For one we have a true cold source to the north and dual high pressure to the NW and ne. The high over the Rockies has a massive reach 1052!!! The high in the NE would help Funnel the cold into the cad areas down the backside of the apps. As 1300m mentioned it really sets the stage for a big ice event . I would prefer to see the high over rhe Rockies about 300-500 miles further to the east . But then we run the risk of not having good confluence over the southeast due to a stronger cold push. I still would rather have the SE ridge poking in along for a battle zone and a true SW flow aloft. The over running would be amazing

For one we have a true cold source to the north and dual high pressure to the NW and ne. The high over the Rockies has a massive reach 1052!!! The high in the NE would help Funnel the cold into the cad areas down the backside of the apps. As 1300m mentioned it really sets the stage for a big ice event . I would prefer to see the high over rhe Rockies about 300-500 miles further to the east . But then we run the risk of not having good confluence over the southeast due to a stronger cold push. I still would rather have the SE ridge poking in along for a battle zone and a true SW flow aloft. The over running would be amazing
Great - many thanks for the info. I’ve learned a lot and still don’t know a damned thing!

I just don't get how things can take a dive so fast. Just shows the models pretty much suck when it comes to getting the long range right. You'd think they would be better and not show a great pattern so often only to pull the rug out from under us. I just don't understand why they do that so often.

Brick, a lot of what you see are models being correct, but being ignored because they don't show what everyone wants for a Wintry threat in the South. They weren't all good, and they showed off and on, but were, for a trendy word, "tossed", away.

they were never consistently amazing over there tbh... sure a few runs here and there, but on many runs the SE ridge was a factor(just people don't like to post about that) but not the consistency we've had further west

they were never consistently amazing over there tbh... sure a few runs here and there, but on many runs the SE ridge was a factor(just people don't like to post about that) but not the consistency we've had further west
This is your storm Brent. Don't let us down ;)

Hey most of yall got snow while i was bitter so :p
If it makes you feel any better I'm not part of that "most of y'all" crowd, basically except for a short period of light snow showers central and eastern NC was blanked
In other words we're a little bitter too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

it appears the cutoff low around baja has joined an impulse dropping in from the north and now is starting up something on the western edge of texas west of the state line at el paso........dont know if any models showed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back