• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody enjoy discussing the actual weather? i ask because i see posts about computer models all the time but almost never any mention of the weather.......computer models are NOT the weather and since they all change every run i dont see how it is possible to claim any of them are ever right?

I'm curious, what is your definition of discussing the actual weather? In my mind, the models that are used as a tool to try and forecast the weather would definitely fall under that umbrella.

I'm curious, what is your definition of discussing the actual weather? In my mind, the models that are used as a tool to try and forecast the weather would definitely fall under that umbrella.
Models are not the actual weather. Thats fantasy weather.

i define the actual weather as the "weather" what is really happening in the world......there is NOTHING in any model that makes it the real weather.

Well, with the ridge approaching, I must take the lawn mower back out and change the oil, etc. I figured I was done cutting grass for the season; Obviously not.

It's weird because I'm having no problems with other websites. Just this one.

We utilize cloudflare. It could be a bad routing from one of their content servers to you. They usually clear up on their own.

Edit: On a command prompt, you can type in: "ping southernwx.com" without the quotes and let me know what the TTL / MS / Ping is.

Shawn, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but it says : 2400:cb00:2048:1::6818:7a54

That is the IP address/yours based off Cloudflare's technology. A ping, from command prompt would have just seen if there were any latency issues. It's not that big of a deal, as it will repair itself. It could be a variety of things such as internet congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back