• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Reading around, I think some aren't taking the cold serious in Canada. I know we are used to the tick NW as we get closer, but the cold push looks to be real.

Reading around, I think some aren't taking the cold serious in Canada. I know we are used to the tick NW as we get closer, but the cold push looks to be real.
Stop it your building hope on a board which we are all used to being heartbroken ;)

Are you this nit picky with everything.... I feel for your wife. Lol but yeah for Tn it is significant and slight east of there. For my neck of the woods amounts are lighter, no surprise, but I'll take a 4" mean any day and twice on Sunday

Lol feel for her???? It's the other way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this high coming out of Manitoba and Alberta means serious business and many need to keep in mind why the models trended south in the first place, unless the massive vortex over SE Canada is obliterated, good luck trying to get a robust last second N trend, at least as much as what we're accustomed to... Looks like a top 10 event for March w/ MSLP approaching or exceeding 1050...
rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

gem_z500_vort_us_17.png

gfs_z500_vort_us_17.png

Looks like still a few big dogs on the gefs and some of those are multiple systems?? Active week ahead, who knows how the next 5-10 days may turn out

Wow, I totally given up on winter storm tracking for 2017. I had no idea there was even potential for a storm (as slight as it may be for the midlands of SC), I guess that's why you never turn your back on the weather lol.

I don't think the Southern trend is done just yet. I could see everything going another 50-75 miles more South. That High means business. Central to Southern Tennessee looks to be the jackpot with a sharp cutoff just South of there. Timing is huge with even two-three hours being major as it comes in the evening hours compared to late afternoon.

My room is booked for Clarksville TN. Looks good for that area

I don't think the Southern trend is done just yet. I could see everything going another 50-75 miles more South. That High means business. Central to Southern Tennessee looks to be the jackpot with a sharp cutoff just South of there. Timing is huge with even two-three hours being major as it comes in the evening hours compared to late afternoon.
I say the same. The cold push is real and the models know that. I would be excited in Tennessee and North Carolina and maybe in North Georgia, Alabama, and maybe Mississippi as upper South Carolina.

Back