• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

12z UKMET
GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

Shawn,
Get the low to cross central FL and you very well may get a snowstorm.

Can't really rely on climo this late because the cold air is going to be marginal. But yes, the low placement we're seeing on some of the models would favor more than just the upper south if it was this time last month.

If there isn't a north trend from here, you can pencil me in as another that highly recommends using Monteagle as a stopping point because of a restaurant that I've ate at before, Jim Oliver's Smokehouse. We stopped at that place before on the way to Clarksville and we loved it so much we had to go back there on the way back.

Watch the Euro come back with higher amounts today haha.... who knows. Lots to sort out still that's for sure, I can deal with what the Ukie is showing since it looks to turn up the coast as long as the cold air is there (wish had that info on the Ukmet). Either way I think we have a legitimate winter weather threat inbound.... who knew?!

GEFS is rolling let's see if it continues the weaker lighter amount trend....

Looks like the CMC and ukmet are very similar with CMC carrying the slp ots while the ukie is closer to the coast

Can't really rely on climo this late because the cold air is going to be marginal. But yes, the low placement we're seeing on some of the models would favor more than just the upper south if it was this time last month.

If there isn't a north trend from here, you can pencil me in as another that highly recommends using Monteagle as a stopping point because of a restaurant that I've ate at before, Jim Oliver's Smokehouse. We stopped at that place before on the way to Clarksville and we loved it so much we had to go back there on the way back.

Yeah, but the cold high to the north is like a midwinter blast.

Anytime the Low is in the GOM crossing just south of panhandle then into FL it's a good track for the SE from Birmingham thru ATL particular as mentioned if Climo was a "NORMAL" SE FEB time period it would be a strong bet to nice snow all along I-20 but this year has been anything but... but if this track does play out temps might still do well enough to get some snow down even to ATL but along way to go still

It's more than a slight shift at least for Tennessee 06z
4622d1519297c816b734ae29a2e656b0.jpg

12z
ebe94eee5bf2e42ca7c65985cbbe43c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you this nit picky with everything.... I feel for your wife. Lol but yeah for Tn it is significant and slight east of there. For my neck of the woods amounts are lighter, no surprise, but I'll take a 4" mean any day and twice on Sunday

Back