• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Euro once again all in for the I-20 corridor and points north and in SE NC... Even if you cut these totals in half-2/3rds you're still talking advisory-worthy event in the NWS ILM domain.
ecmwf_tsnow_nc_8.png

What about Columbia SC?? Look like we could see some!!

Yeah, Columbia will be right on the southern periphery of any accumulating snow but the threat is very legit in the midlands imo... Still think someone near or between Columbia, Florence, Wilmington, Fayetteville, & Rockingham, NC may be the big winners east of the mountains/foothills

Looking good, according to HRRR!

Here's the current NWS snow/ice accumulation forecast. I can imagine these numbers may come up a tad for most spots esp in the southwestern mountains of NC.
ndfd_snow_nc_8.png

Yeah, Columbia will be right on the southern periphery of any accumulating snow but the threat is very legit in the midlands imo... Still think someone near or between Columbia, Florence, Wilmington, Fayetteville, & Rockingham, NC may be the big winners east of the mountains/foothills
Ever been to Columbia in July or August? Those folks need to get down on their knees today ... :cool:

All I got left is the SREF members, so I am just giving up on snow for here. However, surprises may come, so I am only wishing that the dry air will save us. Good luck to everyone else though!

Last edited:
No advisory, but even the town where I was born (Wilmington) looks to be in on some frozen ....

Yeah I agree, I think there could be some light accumulations there. Here's my last call map for this storm. Think the southern coastal plain south of Fayetteville has a legit chance to get an inch or more of snow. Lumberton, Elizabethtown, Dillon, SC, Jacksonville, NC etc. look to be in the relative sweet spot imo. Liable to be another maximum in snowfall accumulations in the southwestern piedmont of NC and near/west of I-77 corridor in upstate SC...
March 11-12 2017 NC Snow forecast.png

Yeah I agree, I think there could be some light accumulations there. Here's my last call map for this storm. Think the southern coastal plain south of Fayetteville has a legit chance to get an inch or more of snow. Lumberton, Elizabethtown, Dillon, SC, Jacksonville, NC etc. look to be in the relative sweet spot imo. Liable to be another maximum in snowfall accumulations in the southwestern piedmont of NC and near/west of I-77 corridor in upstate SC...
View attachment 469
1st snow I remember - 4 years old - living at Wrightsville Beach! Been a junkie ever since ... LOL

View attachment 469
Curious to know what your thoughts were on the Midlands of SC. I looked at the Euro earlier and it didn't look bad. I see WWA advisories going up around us.

Back