• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

raw
talk about snow chase, lol

Paris,Tennessee received over 3 inches of snow this morning in Henry County. Got about a half inch here at my house. Looking forward to seeing how this afternoon and tonight plays out.

We'll soon be within range of the HRRR in the Carolinas. Here's the last few runs of the HRRRX, slightly less snow on the new run, but yea even at 6z, this model completely botched the snow near and just west-northwest of Nashville so take it w/ a massive grain of salt...

Old run, note again how it busted horribly even a few hours out from not picking out the snow near and northwest of Nashville. In fact, even up to 6z the experimental HRRR showed no snow in Nashville. Whoops.
acsnw_t6sfc_f35.png
acsnw_t6sfc_f32.png

Havent heard from olhausen. I wonder how his area is faring since he is not far from Nashville

Woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. This is one of the rare occasions that Nashville and southern areas are doing better then my area due to the heaviest precip being further south. Maybe tonight will bring more surprises!

6c014573f49671a30d917d26a55534ed.jpg

fa8b8da2f8624fa8ae046b8bd28d302f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tennessee seems to be in as good of a shape as I thought they possibly would be, but unfortunately there is (or I should say was) a bit of a dry area that's north of Nashville. I see that olhausen did get a dusting though this morning!

So for the times I called the way this system was playing out weird on the models, it kinda looks like it's going to play out similar to the NAM in which this wave is going to have breaks in it. There's another round that you can see on the radar that will probably hit later.

Just wonder if it will fill out later today and tonight like the NAM has shown... But even if it doesn't, some areas in East TN, just going by radar returns seem like they're going to hit 2-3" of snow, and this isn't even in the mountains.

Back