• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

The nam is going to be right, we may not end up with big amounts in Tenn but I think there will be 1-2 inches in some spots across west and middle tn. Of course I think there will be some areas of west and middle that do not receive as much. I think over in east tn has a chance for some 2-4 inch totals with higher totals possible in the elevations. I think back into west and middle tn folks are going to be dependent on being in a good moisture band, as I expect it being a game of hit and miss. Hopefully the models are vastly underdone on the precip end. Maybe the nam will keep up showing more moisture and perform a coup.

If storm first chase,
The nam is going to be right, we may not end up with big amounts in Tenn but I think there will be 1-2 inches in some spots across west and middle tn. Of course I think there will be some areas of west and middle that do not receive as much. I think over in east tn has a chance for some 2-4 inch totals with higher totals possible in the elevations. I think back into west and middle tn folks are going to be dependent on being in a good moisture band, as I expect it being a game of hit and miss. Hopefully the models are vastly underdone on the precip end. Maybe the nam will keep up showing more moisture and perform a coup.
great post

Go figure ...

ALL_emean_phase_full.gif

Can't bank on the NAM because I think we are seeing why it's not as good in the longer range. The way it just plays out this system is odd and I feel like I was saying this two months ago...

Edit: Unless my brain is fried the models don't seem to know what to do with the MJO.

Talk about total model fail. I have been in a good spot for days on ever model. The 0z Euro the so called King had 7 inches imby. POOF. Gone.

Talk about total model fail. I have been in a good spot for days on ever model. The 0z Euro the so called King had 7 inches imby. POOF. Gone.
Feel your pain - one bit of consolation - when a NHC forecast busts down here, I'm ecstatic ... ;)

I get off work at 6pm tomorrow and trying to decide whether I should go somewhere afterwards to experience this snowstorm. Has Storm said yet where he's going ?

Back