• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_14.png

Mixing going to screw SE NC with the Low Position.

Mixing issues in eastern NC the crazy snow map isn't correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THen the 850s surge and screw a lot of people in NC during the height (out of a much bigger event). UGH

9e0c1508da8b57bfcc5de2958e76e4f9.jpg

Again this is off in eastern nC but still a good hit

Temps seem OK in SE NC but yeah, gonna have to cut those totals in half for them. It's still a good winter storm but not as good as the map.

And again it looks like from bad maps, ukmet is much slower and south vs. 00z GFS

CMC is really good for central and northern Tennessee waiting on North Carolina frames

Very few major winter storms in the Carolinas are actually all snow events to begin w/... Aside from a host of other issues, I find it really hard to believe based literally on climatology alone that the warm nose in mid-March wouldn't be ridiculously strong and able to quickly change precipitation over to sleet/ZR up to at least the Triangle, especially considering the SSTs off the SE US are near all-time record highs...

And of course lately after this one, the GFS teases with a little light snow on March 14-15 in Tennessee, North Carolina, and even North Georgia a little.

Back