• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing a lot of driving to Tampa lately (though I do really hate taking one step south of Gainesville) and I-75 has not been bad at all (especially now that it's all 3 lanes in each direction and that goofy area around the Turnpike is fixed). The only hold-up I've experienced were wrecks. Actually, if traffic got real bad, depending on where you are, you could detour using 98 or 301 (you'd have to use a Google map to figure out which would be best from where you wanted to detour from) and then swing back to I-75 or just follow one or the other. Of course, you'd have to get back on I-75 before Tampa to get over to Bradenton. I would avoid Tampa between 3:30 and 6:00.
Best!
Phil

Thank you.

now...to remember that detouring is an option if needed. I do remember seeing signs for 301 and I have a GPS plus the ability to use google maps.

6 out of past 8 winters have been AN...we are due a BN winter. We don’t suck that bad.
I guess I’d take another 12/13, I think that was the February the Euro had me getting 25” of snow 2 days out and I picked up 1/2” sleet/ZR and 1/4” of snow at the end! It was fun to track

I guess I’d take another 12/13, I think that was the February the Euro had me getting 25” of snow 2 days out and I picked up 1/2” sleet/ZR and 1/4” of snow at the end! It was fun to track

Better then nothing like I got in 17-18. Euro had me getting 2-4in of snow 24hrs out. I was under a winter storm warning. Ended up getting about 1in of cold rain and tears. That’s the night I died inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better then nothing like I got in 17-18. Euro had me getting 2-4in of snow 24hrs out. I was under a winter storm warning. Ended up getting about 1in of cold rain and tears. That’s the night I died inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel ya, but until you see at 25” lollipop over your back yard, and 2 days out, and on the ‘ king’, to not get an inch! That was my introduction to the bad snow algorithm on the Euro! I was scarred and jaded for life!

Amazing to think that around this time last month some of us were hitting the 100s. Now it's chilly and we might get really cold for this early next weekend.

Been doing a lot of driving to Tampa lately (though I do really hate taking one step south of Gainesville) and I-75 has not been bad at all (especially now that it's all 3 lanes in each direction and that goofy area around the Turnpike is fixed). The only hold-up I've experienced were wrecks. Actually, if traffic got real bad, depending on where you are, you could detour using 98 or 301 (you'd have to use a Google map to figure out which would be best from where you wanted to detour from) and then swing back to I-75 or just follow one or the other. Of course, you'd have to get back on I-75 before Tampa to get over to Bradenton. I would avoid Tampa between 3:30 and 6:00.
Best!
Phil
And also the wave app. I use it for work, seems a little better taking you the shortest route but not sure

apparently biggest average temperature drop from September to October(20 degrees!) on record here crazy lol

September didnt have a low below 70 for the first time ever and then one of the earliest freezes ever to end October

And also the wave app. I use it for work, seems a little better taking you the shortest route but not sure

I drive a lot for work. Couldn't agree more about the Waze Navigation app. (I assume you meant Waze not Wave). It literally routes me around crashes all the time. Also, alerts me "Police reported ahead". Highly recommend!

Anyone know when Lowes does their clearance on shrubs and trees? I caught the end of it late in November last year and got knockout roses for $3 and 5 gallon green giants for $8. I'm trying to catch the front end of the sale this year to get some crepe myrtles but a 30 minute ride for nothing sucks. I guess I could call

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone know when Lowes does their clearance on shrubs and trees? I caught the end of it late in November last year and got knockout roses for $3 and 5 gallon green giants for $8. I'm trying to catch the front end of the sale this year to get some crepe myrtles but a 30 minute ride for nothing sucks. I guess I could call

They do it at random times, but a lot of times, they will do it right before a hard freeze. So if someone in the garden center is paying attention, they should put a lot on clearance this weekend. But I’d recommend every time you’re there, just quickly go and look at the plant clearance section

Do you go to the one at 40-42?

I drive a lot for work. Couldn't agree more about the Waze Navigation app. (I assume you meant Waze not Wave). It literally routes me around crashes all the time. Also, alerts me "Police reported ahead". Highly recommend!
Yeah Waze lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back