• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip! I have eaten there, good grub.............. I was thinking you would join me and pay for it? It's not every day you get a chance to meet a celebrity ( Frosty The Snowman)!! Have a good day!
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh........................ Lol. If I was going to be over that way I'd join you, seriously but I'm a country boy and don't stray to the big city that often.

Hopefully Big Frosty brings the good luck charm to the Double R !!!!!

Try not to get upset now. It's just weather.

I've almost, almost achieved acceptance this morning. I am just going to stop looking for long range extended patterns of cold. They don't exist anymore in the SE. Don't know why, don't know what the atmospheric issue is. We're always going to have a +++++AO, we're always going to have a +NAO, the coldest air is always in Siberia, therefore there's not going to be a great pattern for us.

With that said, we've got a whole month of something to pop and for us to get a well timed fortunate event. +PNA/-EPO's pop up and give us a chance and that still may happen in February. Not expecting it but still looking. Long story short, I've got to simply lower my expectations by a great deal. If I want snow, I need to go to Winterplace and go skiing.

Lessons learned....never trust long range patterns for cold, always trust long range patterns for warmth.

I actually thought this warm pattern underperformed....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Considering every day for the last 2 weeks has felt like April and not August, I’d have to agree

At least 2018-19 had a winter storm for some areas in early December (I was one of the lucky ones). Not only is this winter warmer, it's had no snow. We haven't even had a high below 40 or a low below 25 yet.

Watch March be BN yet again but only cold enough for some 33 degree rain.

It's definitely not over. My worse snow year was 2012. Only managed a "1 event on February 19th; but I got something. 2014-15 was going down the same road until February saved some of us. Ended up with a nice 6-7 snow right at the end of the month. Point is we just need to focus on the pattern. As long as it doesn't torch we have a chance.

I believe that I'm going to unfollow BamWx on twitter. Seems to be only going for splashy headlines and extreme weather. Cherry picking maps that aren't representative of the big picture. I'm out.

I had to back in December. I think those guys are very smart but right now what they are posting seems like an overreaction to what they did in back in December.

At least 2018-19 had a winter storm for some areas in early December (I was one of the lucky ones). Not only is this winter warmer, it's had no snow. We haven't even had a high below 40 or a low below 25 yet.

Watch March be BN yet again but only cold enough for some 33 degree rain.

Yeah this has been one of the warmer winters that I can remember. I don't think even the super nino a couple years ago was this warm so far. It's crazy. Something is going on, like really. Global warming? PDO? something. Winter is really not winter anymore. I don't recognize it anymore. Maybe it's solar. Oh wait, nope solar minimum. Add that to the nonsense list. lol.

Yeah this has been one of the warmer winters that I can remember. I don't think even the super nino a couple years ago was this warm so far. It's crazy. Something is going on, like really. Global warming? PDO? something. Winter is really not winter anymore. I don't recognize it anymore. Maybe it's solar. Oh wait, nope solar minimum. Add that to the nonsense list. lol.
Although December was warmer than this year, January and February were relatively close to normal in 2015-16. At least that winter had a few systems to track, including an mixed storm in late January that was a blizzard for VA north.

Highs in the 40s and lows in the mid-20s just aren't very impressive for January. In most Januaries we drop into the teens for a low and the low-mid 30s for a high at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back