• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to stay away. Just turning the notifications off so my phone isn’t blowing up every second while I’m at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, okay! Gotcha! So, you won't be tempted to look, right? I guess that's kinda what I meant.

After looking at the 18z suite, I feel pretty confident on the snow on this map east of GSO. However, I’m thinking I might have to raise totals around areas like CLT and GSP.
View attachment 35785
Definitely, not Becuase I live here but Becuase that frontogenic band of snow could really lay down some quick accumulation, and there’s been signs that the snow may linger a bit

Interesting... The reasoning for the 1-3 for Chattanooga? dusting to a cold rain is my take.
Over the past 24hrs, the overrunning setup has boosted precip and snow over eastern TN. Though tbh, I didn’t take much thought into the TN side of the Map due to lack of geographical knowledge of the region. If this map goes against what others are saying, go with the others.

Over the past 24hrs, the overrunning setup has boosted precip and snow over eastern TN. Though tbh, I didn’t take much thought into the TN side of the Map due to lack of geographical knowledge of the region. If this map goes against what others are saying, go with the others.

Understandable! I think we are already seeing more returns than models predicted which could bring in colder air earlier. I really was just looking for hope lol

So some of the models have it snowing over me from hr 24 to 36 so a total of 12 hours but I only get 3 inches?
Melting. Low rates at times. Delayed transition. Mixing. Warm ground. I’m sure there is sound reasoning somewhere to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back