• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm riding the 3km as I drift off to sleep tonight

View attachment 35779
Yeah, I'll take the 3K and run. Better for my area than the last couple.

But it's not unusual that the NAM qpf totals back off as we get close. May still be too high. I'd love to see this thing bomb and stall for a out 12 hours. Why can that happen?

Yep, I don't think they can ignore it. It's not completely similar to the 1/28/14 issue, but saying all is fine, but then a couple inches of snow falls outside of the mountains and you have wrecks...that's a problem.
People go to work...sleet and snow fall...temps crash...it’s not a recipe for success

After experiencing the best of the wonderful GA snow the other week, I am so hopeful for y’all. Can’t wait to share a true board wide event at some point in the future, but for now, bring it home NC, y’all deserve it! Enjoy!

BTW, the official weather reporting station for Elizabeth City is behind the firehouse on the USCG Base which sits right on the Pasquotank River. Temperature there is usually a few degrees warmer than what we see away from the water.
I might just go check that out

Wake County is going with a 3 hour early dismissal tomorrow, which would still be after the snow is supposed to start falling. All the other schools around here are closed.

So frustrating. I'm where the little yellow dot is. I know theres no way the model nails that gradient that closely but its frustrating being that close to it.

Attachments

• 20200219_213739.jpg
    20200219_213739.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 55
As a matter of fact I do... What are the best burger joints here all that driving made me hungry

The only thing is chain restaurants. When you pull out from between the IHOP and Fairfield, take right. At the next stoplight is a Ruby Tuesday. The next light up from that is a Burger King. At the BK light, take a left and there is a Wendy’s McDonalds, and Popeyes Chicken. If you turn left from the IHOP there is a Zaxby’s and McDonalds and Plaza Azteca Mexican joint. Starbucks is right there as well.

The only thing is chain restaurants. When you pull out from between the IHOP and Fairfield, take right. At the next stoplight is a Ruby Tuesday. The next light up from that is a Burger King. At the BK light, take a left and there is a Wendy’s McDonalds, and Popeyes Chicken. If you turn left from the IHOP there is a Zaxby’s and McDonalds and Plaza Azteca Mexican joint. Starbucks is right there as well.
Yeah I'll probably head to Ruby Tuesday before they close...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back