• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melting. Low rates at times. Delayed transition. Mixing. Warm ground. I’m sure there is sound reasoning somewhere to look at.

Yeah but the models are all putting me within 30-50 miles of the highest totals. My lowest model output is somewhere around 4-5 inches and highest over 10 inches. NWS has me at 3.

#Winning ? I'll take my consolation prize.

So that's NAM/GFS in agreement on this. Still don't believe it, but I WANT to believe anyway. ?

EDIT: Still going 6hrs later in the same area. (roughly 4am-10am Fri)
I'll add two WRF models to the list.
#desperatelygraspingforstraws

1582173670923.png
This model tho.....THIS is the new NAM. ?
1582173682043.png

So frustrating. I'm where the little yellow dot is. I know theres no way the model nails that gradient that closely but its frustrating being that close to it.

Frustrating? Half this board would love to be in your shoes mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are busts feared more than public safety? Wouldn’t you want to get the advisories out if the chances are somewhat legitimate? Advisories don’t necessarily give me the warm and fuzzies, I just want people to be more informed so my girlfriend doesn’t by chance get stranded on 485 tomorrow at rush hour.

#Winning ? I'll take my consolation prize.

So that's NAM/GFS in agreement on this. Still don't believe it, but I WANT to believe anyway. ?

EDIT: Still going 6hrs later in the same area. (roughly 4am-10am Fri)

I'd like to believe it, but I've been around on these forums for 11 years and know who and what to trust.

I'm sure. I'm also sure that if they were they would be just as frustrated when they are a few miles away from 10 inch amounts while only showing 6 for their location.

We’ll agree to disagree. But enjoy it! It’ll be beautiful no doubt.

After the over-performer two weeks ago, I’m not sure I know what to trust!

Understandable. But I personally don't trust what Weatherlover posted, even though I sense he was joking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back