• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so why wouldn't they have done it when they issued the others. This is going to be a non event for the upstate.
I’m sure they are waiting on the 00z..? Rarely, if ever, do you see York/Cherokee without Greenville/Spartanburg/Pickens...it’s a head scratcher

Crown town is battle line(Charlotte) but some of the best storms,IMO, have been a "base" of sleet then 2-3...or more... inches of powder on top....

Always is. Like always, every time. Sleet is almost a given. Powder no, but wet saturated flakes on top yes! lol.

I may have heard this wrong but the WRF-ARW2 is well respected by FFC because it tends to handle CAD better and more accurately reflects the modeled atmospheric soundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be waiting awhile then. I really don't know why they wouldn't have issued them along with the others if they were going to.
Maybe waiting for more meso models. They are forecasting over .5 in of snow so it wouldn’t surprise me if they did issue one.

Crown town is battle line(Charlotte) but some of the best storms,IMO, have been a "base" of sleet then 2-3...or more... inches of powder on top....

It amazes me how many different solutions each local TV station is forecasting. You could literally go to every station across the Carolina's and have completely different accumulation maps. But yes, Charlotte is always on the battleground, which makes me nervous being south of 85. My hope is that the NAM is too amped and somehow we can overcome the warm nose with some impressive rates. Sometimes being on the line can be good, and depending on how this unfolds it could greatly increase totals throughout the Charlotte Metro. It's a long shot, but i have my fingers crossed! ?

I always love those horrible maps from weathernerds website. And to think, that site may be created by a NWS guy.

Guess we will enjoy our huge snow band all the way to the atlantic ocean here in SC... ... .......................................... ..........

I always love those horrible maps from weathernerds website. And to think, that site may be created by a NWS guy.

Guess we will enjoy our huge snow band all the way to the atlantic ocean here in SC... ... .......................................... ..........
when's my graupal gonna arrive!? lol

I may have heard this wrong but the WRF-ARW2 is well respected by FFC because it tends to handle CAD better and more accurately reflects the modeled atmospheric soundings.

I'm not sure this is actually a CAD situation. Not classic anyway. I wish it were. We're waiting for the cold to come over the mountains from the mid-west. Usually CAD has the high in the NE filtering down the east side of the apps.

I just went back and checked the last GA storm and it did really well 36-48 hours out. I'll definitely be interested to see what it says at 0Z. It's the only thing we've got to look at...

66ac7cec-78c5-42eb-9d6d-b14cfebff511.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back