• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this is actually a CAD situation. Not classic anyway. I wish it were. We're waiting for the cold to come over the mountains from the mid-west. Usually CAD has the high in the NE filtering down the east side of the apps.

Agree. I was just stating that it’s ability to forecast CAD was one of the reasons it was relied upon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that this setup is anywhere close to the Carolina Crusher in 2000. But what was the actual set up for that day? How much was predicted? I was young and didn't live in NC at that time. But I am somewhat curious. TIA!

Last edited:
Reading a lot of famous last words in the storm thread ? dis gone b good ?
For some of us in the sleet zone tomorrow the rates will overcome statement will be put to the test. Thin warm nose with plenty of lift and some cape indicating convective elements in the precip. Do rates beat the warm nose?

For some of us in the sleet zone tomorrow the rates will overcome statement will be put to the test. Thin warm nose with plenty of lift and some cape indicating convective elements in the precip. Do rates beat the warm nose?

Lol come on man. :p

HRRRRRRRRR on TT is down. Throw me a rain map..?
HRRRMA_prec_kuchsnow_036.png

As a central Wake county person my only hope is to have a winter storm that actually performs up to expectations from the weather models. When did we last over perform, 2010 maybe?
Its been a long time since we've had a system where imby I said wow we went over. Right off hand I'm drawing a blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back