• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling we'll screw this up somehow. I just want a few flakes, is that too much to ask?

There are some elements of the setup later this week that kind of remind me of this totally badass event in Feb 1948 which was an overrunning event that popped a late coastal and delivered a huge hit to the northern coastal plain of NC. If we played our cards perfectly, just maybe...

View attachment 34860
I wonder if I would be satisfied with a measly 5-8" while some people in the coastal plain are measuring their snow with yard sticks? LOL. :p

I hope the models are better now than they were for the Carolina Crusher in 2000. I just remember everyone saying the precip will stay to our south, and I remember looking at the radar before leaving work for the day thinking they better hope all that precip stays south or we are going to get pasted. By 11:00 that night the local mets were sounding the alarm that the precip was indeed coming NW. Always have that in the back of my mind when we see the precip to the south of NC.

I’m ok with being on the fringe right now. Even though I live in “Late arriving cold air USA”.. Now come to Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back