• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound the alarm!

alert.gif

I like the position of the high pressure. If we can just get that energy not to be too suppressed or strung out. It's a long, long way to go.

I like that the EURO shows it not the GFS, but it's still on it's own. I'm very very skeptical, but at least it's some fantasy snow to play with. I've got no expectations.

I like that the EURO shows it not the GFS, but it's still on it's own. I'm very very skeptical, but at least it's some fantasy snow to play with. I've got no expectations.

Depends on how you look at it. This can work. After this frame the cold arrives and suppresses the moisture too far South. At this stage we've got the NW trend possibly working in our favor. With the signal it's showing I wouldn't put the EURO on an island by itself.

prateptype.conus.png

This is 2/20 at 6Z. It's solution is closer to the EURO than the GFS.

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

I have not experienced a true accumulating snow fall in South Charlotte since March of 2018. Last year, it snowed in April and we scored a good inch of white powder, but unfortunately it was all gone by 2. While I've managed to see snow this year, I'd love to go sledding again for the first time in two years. The biggest snow I've experienced was the first year I lived here, in February of 2014 with roughly 7 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back