• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about how much it was going to rain today....barely a drop. You'd think with this juicy atmosphere that any lift/focusing mechanism would deliver a lot of rain, it just didn't materialize.

He be Trollin
06a24d9493c1031a469fdc014001ce96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy (@Jimmy Hypocracy),
Gave up on fighting ... JB, models, winter, any hope for freezing down here, and most everything else as well when it comes to weather the past couple years ... but you know what? Gave up on fighting it all and low and behold ... no more bloody noses, no more black eyes, and no more anxiety over something that is as random as a lottery ticket ...
Phil
:cool:

Last edited:
you getting a feeling bout this one?
Tbh no but only because these D10 deals have yet to work out this year. I’ve seen snow twice this year and barely had time to track either one because they showed up in the short range. Ensembles are trash. Global models at trash. I’ll be here to track regardless. I feel like that last storm that GA and the upstate we’re able to capitalize on was a perfect setup. I mean it wasn’t a juiced up wave so 850’s were ? and we didn’t have to deal with a scorching upper atmosphere. I’d love for another one of those to swing through a little further south to put you guys in play. Because that’s the way to do it in a craptastic pattern. You don’t always need a big bombing low to tap the gulf to get 8” of snow. Just as Ellijay and other parts of N GA

Tbh no but only because these D10 deals have yet to work out this year. I’ve seen snow twice this year and barely had time to track either one because they showed up in the short range. Ensembles are trash. Global models at trash. I’ll be here to track regardless. I feel like that last storm that GA and the upstate we’re able to capitalize on was a perfect setup. I mean it wasn’t a juiced up wave so 850’s were ? and we didn’t have to deal with a scorching upper atmosphere. I’d love for another one of those to swing through a little further south to put you guys in play. Because that’s the way to do it in a craptastic pattern. You don’t always need a big bombing low to tap the gulf to get 8” of snow. Just as Ellijay and other parts of N GA

I did a study of the dozens of major ATL snow and sleet storms awhile back and found that the median pressure for those that had a GOM low was up at 1008 mb and nearly 1/4 of them had way up at 1017-20 mb! Weak is good in most cases. Only 3 were sub 1000 mb including 3/1993.

Hey @GaWx what is your honest thoughts about my blizzard prediction?

I’m not GaWx but I don’t believe we see a southeast blizzard this year in March. Perhaps we get snow. That remains to be seen. But there will be no blizzard. If I’m wrong I’ll admit I was wrong. Northeast might get a blizzard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back