• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lived in a world where the gfs was the best model I would agree. Don't look at the eps unless you want to see more melted red crayons across the SE

b4dcfff3a424e2dba6706acf5a31a9f8.jpg

That look can’t be too warm can it? If correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b4dcfff3a424e2dba6706acf5a31a9f8.jpg

That look can’t be too warm can it? If correct.

You'd think no but with the tpv once again trying to consolidate poleward and likely doing so in NW Canada/Alaska with a secondary piece over Scandinavia hard to imagine a way to deliver much more than the 1-2 day behind the fronts cold into the SE. Obviously for some this has worked out but it to me seems like more of the same. There are some possibilities to theorize post day 10 where maybe the pv slides more into the hudson bay region or retrogrades enough into east asia where you could get into a better pattern for the last week of feb into march but we've been chasing that carrot for 2 months.

Home from work, still snow on the ground in patches. Drive to work earlier today was a little dicey, even with temps around 32. I'm still a little giddy thinking about it. Complete surprise we got as much as we did. Was not even remotely expecting this little southern snow storm that could..
yeah, im glad chattanooga finally got one, its been a while for you guys

Dps getting into the mid 60s in Jan AND Feb the same year for days on end here? Never seen or that before.

It’s not uncommon to have some low 70s for high temps in the winter and then go into the freezer right after. In fact this little tidbit from the Nashville weather service was just posted this morning.

Attachments

• FBAFE00E-B625-47D7-8208-006387E69DE9.jpeg
    FBAFE00E-B625-47D7-8208-006387E69DE9.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 36
Did you get snow yesterday? If you did then your winter has been much better than mine
Negative I did not receive accumulating snow from either event. Officially a trace both times. I'm located at the red dot. I'm glad GA and the western upstate cashed in. They deserved it! But doesn't change the fact that for about 90% of the SE this winter is abysmal! Maybe we can pull a miracle but time is running short!20200209_194417.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back