• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if convection is firing up in the Indonesia area, people should be very very nervous for next winter because that isn't a cold look. Maritime continent isn't favorable for cold air, especially in the east.

So the CFS says I get 15+ inches of rain in the next 30 days. This will be only time it’s right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do the weeklies ?
*That emoji is fitting*
1584921600-dkZKSFSR5f8.png

Guys I'm not trying to bring down the joy from my snow peeps who gotten there snowfall today... I'm just Frustrated with this winter in general sorry guys

If y'all see me and my family floating by on one of our cars, that's how you'll know that we've had way too much rain since I'm on a hill.

I think if convection is firing up in the Indonesia area, people should be very very nervous for next winter because that isn't a cold look. Maritime continent isn't favorable for cold air, especially in the east.

Would you like to join me on a second Soithern Wx sponsored cruise? Mack took the first one for fun but this one is for serious reasons. This will be a working cruise. It is going to Indonesia. Our mission will be to dump billions of tons of ice off the side of the boat there.The ice will be provided thanks to SouthernWx as well as the major SE ski resorts. All we have to do is dump it.

Guys I'm not trying to bring down the joy from my snow peeps who gotten there snowfall today... I'm just Frustrated with this winter in general sorry guys

Don't feel bad I've had similar rants in other places that was why I chased Wednesday since I was off work because there's been a few other times I sat it out here and could have gone and regretted it

Would you like to join me on a second Soithern Wx sponsored cruise? Mack took the first one for fun but this one is for serious reasons. This will be a working cruise. It is going to Indonesia. Our mission will be to dump billions of tons of ice off the side of the boat there.The ice will be provided thanks to SouthernWx. All we have to do is dump it.
Don't waste your time. As soon as the IOD becomes more favorable, another 3 letter index will mess it up. I can't wait to see what 3 letters are invented for next winter. I think it's been the GOD index the whole time, TBH

Would you like to join me on a second Soithern Wx sponsored cruise? Mack took the first one for fun but this one is for serious reasons. This will be a working cruise. It is going to Indonesia. Our mission will be to dump billions of tons of ice off the side of the boat there.The ice will be provided thanks to SouthernWx. All we have to do is dump it.
Bring Phil @pcbjr along so he can take his electric fans with him to blow away the ocean heat at high speed. Whatever happened to the #killSER revolution ;)

Don't waste your time. As soon as the IOD becomes more favorable, another 3 letter index will mess it up. I can't wait to see what 3 letters are invented for next winter. I think it's been the GOD index the whole time, TBH

Come to think of it, parts of the SE just had a major snow in the midst of phase 5. Maybe phase 5 is the new phases 7-8-1??

I know how you feel; I was frustrated with winter too back in Jan. I was saying, "winter is over" haha. Winter is not over, don't let your hopes down. Today what happened here in Georgia means that anything can happen. Some places in the higher elevations got 7" of snow and that was not predicted by FFC or any of the local TV mets.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I’m here with you, all around us within 30 miles has at least seen a ground covering snow. Within 10 miles at my house there has been maybe some flurries but at noting my kids have seen so to them it has not snowed this year. All I want is them to see a good snow to play in.

I have my moments because we are approaching 5 years since we saw a half inch here but I think back to the biggest snow ever here in 2010 and nobody forecasted it...

Heck the last snowstorm here was in March and was supposed to be an ice storm instead it was some of the heaviest snow I had ever seen

Home from work, still snow on the ground in patches. Drive to work earlier today was a little dicey, even with temps around 32. I'm still a little giddy thinking about it. Complete surprise we got as much as we did. Was not even remotely expecting this little southern snow storm that could..

honestly though its not that unusual, I have literally seen snow and ice a few days after 70+ weather numerous times throughout my 47 years.....the Feb 89 storm we had was 2 days after a big severe weather event and it sticks in my mind because we went from mid 70's Tues evening to snowing Thurs morning ending up with a foot of snow....earlier that month we had snow/ice a couple of day's after it was in the low 80's...heck that whole month was nuts....

View attachment 33665

View attachment 33666

RIP Stuart Scott.....

That's the snowstorm I mentioned earlier. It was a warm month and then we got hit with a good one in late February. I was a sophomore in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back