• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
For rain and severe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kicking bittercasting aside for a minute we could luck onto something if we get a pattern similar to the gfs/gefs. Can't get into that pattern with decent high pressures moving along the US/canadian border with a low amp SE ridge in play and not think we get some sort of brief mix to rain or wedge

Incredible. I remember surprise events like this when I was a kid. I’m glad they can still happen
View attachment 32749

I'd be in heaven man. That snow likely won't stick around for long but wet snow that sticks everywhere is mesmerizing. Christmas 2010 and 1-28-14 were my pleasant surprises in my life. It was still possible to get a surprise as recent as 6 years ago. Although they did happen with me at another location.

Still remember on that Christmas morning, my grandma up in the northwest part of the state talking about how "1 inch of snow" was forecast, then promptly sticking her thumb in the snow, then saying "I think we have 1 inch already". 1 inch turned into 4, and what I think was a WWA was upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning shortly after I got to their place for that Christmas that morning.

That Christmas was also remarkable for the wrong reasons. Pretty sure I've talked about this here at some point, but my aunt's boyfriend's cooking gave us all food poisoning, and that was the time period where I found out I was allergic to fleas or bedbugs. My skin got destroyed by them, and on the day after Christmas, we found out I was bitten on both eyelids by them. My mom got very upset about that, and we tried to wait for my older cousin and his wife to see their new baby before leaving early, but we found out that it'd be a while (I think probably because the stretch near Monteagle was closed on I-24), so we left. Then we found out after that, that the wife and my aunt had argued, and they fell out for a while (but all's been OK for a while now). Fun stuff...

This little tease today makes me want more! But I guess I'll have to wait 11 or 12 or 120 months!
I don’t feel that way now. This little surprise event was like busting a blister. CAD 33
degree boardwide 8-12” snowstorm incoming late February!

I think that the RAP absolutely nailed this event in terms of how far south the snow line would reach. Was a very fun event

Watching these cams and radar In Winston and i'm praying. Full Weenie mode activated!

I ended up having to go to Greensboro around 11. It Finally turned to snow downtown around 3ish. Went outside to see it, and it turned into a heavy downpour on me.

Weenie mode deactivated. Thanks for playing.

This is NOT how metwannabe specials are suppose to work.... dang y'all killing me with all the snow reports. But seriously congrats its awesome to see an over performing surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back