• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

A lot of times, when forecasts show lows below freezing and rain, it's because the rain is well before temps crash.

Btw. The 19 UTC NBM took away FFC's 1% chance of < 0.10 snow

Everyone loves some fantasy cold too.
gfs_T2m_us_56.png
Hopefully this stays out of this part of the country. All this would be is totally useless cold air. It does not take this kind of cold for snow.

That may be just what we want if any of this verifies. That kind of cold air just north and a major low tracking from south of Louisiana to off the SC coast would make most of the board happy.

Yeap upper 20s at the surface is ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this stays out of this part of the country. All this would be is totally useless cold air. It does not take this kind of cold for snow.
You're in S. Carolina. I'm in Georgia. That's exactly the kind of cold air we need for snow.

Notice it's not an HP over Texas with the front into the Bay of Campeche. Just true arctic air with a front offshore in the northern gulf. I'll take my chances with that look especially in an El Nino year.

The biggest problem is it's a 300+ hour run lol.

Back