• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I was a little boy watching my older brother set off fireworks in the snow in New Orleans 60 years ago this evening. Yep, another trip around the sun.

Georgia Weather History for December 31st​

In 1963, one of the most destructive ice storms ever experienced in Georgia up to this time hit the state. More than 7 inches of snow and sleet was reported in the extreme northwest part of the state while sleet and freezing rain occurred as far south as Albany and Tifton in south Georgia. Damage and inconvenience were experienced over the northern three-fourths of the state, but the heaviest losses were in central Georgia where icing from freezing rain was the heaviest. Thousands of homes in central Georgia were without power and telephone services for several days. Repair crews, including more than 1200 workers from outside the area, worked almost continuously for several days to restore service.

Ok so I'm pretty tired of this big lipped snow woman profile pic. Gettin on my nerves a bit. Wouldn't dare change it though cause it might be bad luck. That was such a great snow day. Look at my street. Dreamy....
I will make a new snowman on my deck when it snows again for a new pic. Not until then though. Ha

Attachments

• unnamed (2).png
    unnamed (2).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Please share l think lt will be very interesting.
Unfortunately that was the list for mby/area, Idalia was probably the most impactful event. The early to mid July severe tstorms might have been the most interesting but this year didn't move the needle locally. I'll see if I can find anything regionally or nationally

The memorial day weekend cutoff was a pretty interesting event given how cold it was and the sfc low with the eye like feature over eastern Sc.

I think how dry it was from mid August to what late November/early December was interesting given how wet ninos can be in Oct/Nov

Back