• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Have we ever had a time where the models didn’t flip flop between warm and cold, bad and good pattern? Has there every been a time when it showed cold and it just trended better and better for us and then actually happened? I just don’t get the waffling back and forth.

The models aren't intended to be looked at that far verbatim.

not giving up on winter by NO means but it sucks living in the south because we wait and wait and wait and really don know if we will ever really get snow..if i live long enough i will move north so i can atleast know i will see some snow even in a crappy winter..rant over

Can't trust the models outside 5 days and that's pushing it when it comes to snow here. It's all about timing. Things can look crappy one week and then great the next. That's why it's futile to get too excited or too down with the models from run to run. Nina, Nino, it doesn't matter. It's just gonna do what it's gonna do here in winter.

Can't trust the models outside 5 days and that's pushing it when it comes to snow here. It's all about timing. Things can look crappy one week and then great the next. That's why it's futile to get too excited or too down with the models from run to run. Nina, Nino, it doesn't matter. It's just gonna do what it's gonna do here in winter.
No, really, what happens is that things look promising in the first week and then as you get closer to week two, reality sets in and things look like rain and 50 degrees. It doesn't really go back and forth.

Back