• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The jet retraction will be addition by subtraction like I discussed in last months long ranger update. Winter will roar back like the coldest analogs you will see. Check out my sub link for more deets only $92/mo
Common core math failed you

Best thing that can happen for spring is the models are too retracted with the jet
I don’t wanna be that guy, but you know the wedgy 40s and drizzle are coming for y’all in April

Mike Seidel on TWC has some painted on eyebrows! Looking like Groucho Marks on live coverage! ?????

Looks like Central Park is reporting just 3.2” so far with this storm, and it’s basically over. 33-34 temps during a daytime snow will kinda do that. ?

Looks like areas a bit inland fared better.

At least we don't have bone shattering cold. Fairly nice outdoors today.

giphy.gif

Fairly amazing the global ensembles completely collapse the pattern like this....3 days ago they all agreed with solid -AO for the next couple of weeks and that has evaporated and is going to flip positive in a few days.

View attachment 146414

I want to hear more about how great ensembles are and how that's the way to go in the long range.

Let’s not start with @Webberweather53 February forecast predictions. Webb is one of the most knowledgeable and smartest guy I’ve ever known. Most of the time he’s pretty much nails the pattern down but he’s allow to get one wrong ever now and then. Give the guy a break.

Last edited:
Let’s not start with @Webberweather53 February forecast predictions. Webb is one of the most knowledgeable and smartest guy I’ve ever known. Most of the time he’s pretty much nails the pattern down but he’s allow to get one wrong ever now and then. Give the guy break.

I mean it's not like anyone else did any better ? it's not been a good winter for predictions

Nobody was calling for the last week of Feb to be a stout npac ridge….nobody

IMG_0668.png

Back