• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Honestly I feel way worse this winter because we came so close and everytime Kansas and Tennessee got theirs over and over all I heard was we'll get ours and then we finally are going to and it fails like this. Yeah it hurts and I'm over it

Like I almost went to Kansas in November and if I known it was gonna be this bad I would have
To be honest...it's probably easier to be us...we haven't even been close and I really haven't been that disappointed this winter.

From a purely meteorological/historical standpoint I'm rooting for a shutout. Pass on the car topper in march.
I'll take a 15 mins of very light flurries at this stage.
I've seen this on this board before,
Essentially stating when we break out of this snow drought that it will correct course and we have big dogs coming.
Maybe?
I doubt that,
Once a pattern gets established it's so hard to get it to change.
There was plenty of times in the 90's and prior,
Maybe thru 2010 or so that being on the East side of the Apps was a wonderful thing,
It hurt those West of the Apps.
That worm has turned and idk how long this is going to last but I don't think it's just going to be a few years.
Hope I'm wrong but I'd take anything to end the drought so maybe next year we could bounce back with a decent snow.

Otherwise the drought itself takes on a life of it's own and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
Once that happens it's hard to end it.

To be honest...it's probably easier to be us...we haven't even been close and I really haven't been that disappointed this winter.

Yeah see last winter I wasn't that upset I mean yeah the snow hole happened last year too but it's not like just north of here had a foot of snow like this year. It's just ridiculous I mean we're better than this up here

All I wanted was one good storm

I mean Nashville already had their entire winter average in one storm. They don't need more

Last edited:
Yeah see last winter I wasn't that upset I mean yeah the snow hole happened last year too but it's not like just north of here had a foot of snow like this year. It's just ridiculous I mean we're better than this up here

All I wanted was one good storm

I mean Nashville already had their entire winter average in one storm. They don't need more
Well we had another good snow last night. It was beautiful and big flakes. But it all melted this morning when sun came up. We are ready for spring! Wish we could send some snow your way. we have gone through many winters with out snow too.

The only time I've been disappointed is January. I do think we were legitimately close with that one and I had a feeling even then we probably threw away our best opportunity. Allegedly patterns don't produce anymore, but clearly they do we just missed it. It happens. At least we can take that away, even though it's hard to be positive about anything winter-related currently.

P.S. I didn't return just before that time for no reason. I was basically calling my shot. Unfortunately, I missed.

Had 2 separate snow storms NC. Sure will change . But here you go

500h_anom.conus.png

500h_anom.conus.png

500h_anom.conus.png

Magic March!!!!! ❤️

The only time I've been disappointed is January. I do think we were legitimately close with that one and I had a feeling even then we probably threw away our best opportunity. Allegedly patterns don't produce anymore, but clearly they do we just missed it. It happens. At least we can take that away, even though it's hard to be positive about anything winter-related currently.

P.S. I didn't return just before that time for no reason. I was basically calling my shot. Unfortunately, I missed.

I don't know why yesterday busting here is bothering me so much I mean the setup was ridiculously borderline I'm surprised anyone got a good snow but I guess I have this gut feeling that may have been our last shot I mean I know it can snow in March and even April here but the lack of cold air doesn't make me optimistic. I don't know it's just been yet another winter where I'm like what happened

But it's like I said earlier there was so much almost this winter here

Last edited:
Back