• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Euro says we touch phase 8 tomorrow. Who would have guessed that last week?
View attachment 145028
This is what Webb has been saying about the RMM charts. They’ve just not been accurate. The tropical forcing charts have been a much better tool recently and have done very well forecasting the MJO progression

Most on here live and die over a damn Snowflake. Who gives a crap whether it really snows or not? If one wants snow then move NORTH!! This is the friggin SE for crying out loud

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I don't really understand it either TBH. We are literally so fortunate to have a nice elevated mountain range that has seen quite a bit of snow so far this winter season. I've said this in another post, but I've seen snow 14 or 15 days already this winter. If people want to see snow they need to get their ass in the car, or to the airport. There are no excuses, zero.

61 and sunny with a good breeze. Got the tractor out and turned over the garden.

I went up to the lake and took the boat out, it was a beautiful afternoon. We actually sat outside at a bar yesterday, couldn't have been more beautiful.

I don't really understand it either TBH. We are literally so fortunate to have a nice elevated mountain range that has seen quite a bit of snow so far this winter season. I've said this in another post, but I've seen snow 14 or 15 days already this winter. If people want to see snow they need to get their ass in the car, or to the airport. There are no excuses, zero.

I went up to the lake and took the boat out, it was a beautiful afternoon. We actually sat outside at a bar yesterday, couldn't have been more beautiful.
JC do you ever ski patrol up at sugar? I want you up there clearing a path while I straight line down Whoopdeedoo on Feb 23

JC do you ever ski patrol up at sugar? I want you up there clearing a path while I straight line down Whoopdeedoo on Feb 23

Ha! You know I haven't been there in 20 years since they always used to lie about their base, but I think since then they have been a lot better, not to mention the three high-speed detachable lifts. Have you seriously straight lined that run?? I only do volunteer at Cataloochee, and its only every third weekend.

Take some pics up there, its been a long time since I've seen it, and don't die!! You bring to much humor to this place.

Edit: I haven't been to Sugar specifically in 20 years, but I have been to Beech numerous times since then. I actually wish Hawksnext was still around. If you have the time to make the drive, I highly recommend Snowshoe. It really is a quality mountain for our region. Book it early in the season, and start the booking on a Sunday night, they do 20% off deals. You just have to watch the stupid resort fee they tack on, but its still a decent rate. Also, you can their midweek/Silvercreek pass for $300 early in the fall, or a two day midweek pass for $149.

I also get 11 comp lift tickets at Cataloochee, I doubt I'll use them all on friends. If I have not by the end of February, I'll let you know personally.

Last edited:

I love snow as much as anyone but I love these days in winter where you can stay out all day and be warm in the sun but not sweat or burn. Give me 50s or 60s and sun if it’s not going to be cold.

Just small changes from 12z to 18z on the GFSDB018AD4-F3F6-41FF-ABC9-B2067B3E83A3.png965483EA-94FB-4A42-B468-45A5C11BD0AB.png

I do agree with the ones saying there is more to life than snow. That is absolutely true and if you get so depressed you can't function because it won't snow you may need to find other hobbies or seek help.

Now, on the flip side snow is special in the Carolina's. It always has been. Even in the 60s, 70s and 80s when we got plenty to satisfy our craving, it was still rare enough to be special. So many childhood memories in the snow.

That special snow that we grew to love as kids is slowly but surely becoming a memory. And that is sad. I don't care if you deny it, let the clown reactions fly or whatever, the truth is it doesn't snow here like it used to. The facts are the facts. We agree the 1930 thru about 1960 was a warmer and less snowy cycle. But in that 30 year cycle there were 6 double digit seasons here. Might as well say 7 since on was 9.9 inches. That's about one every 5 years or so. It's been 31 years now since the last one. And CLT and RDU are pushing 20 years now. Spin it how you will but even those so called bad decades were way better than this.

I love snow as much as anyone but I love these days in winter where you can stay out all day and be warm in the sun but not sweat or burn. Give me 50s or 60s and sun if it’s not going to be cold.

This morning got the spring fire burning. Even though it was cold outside, you could smell spring.

Back