• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

My favorite things about this place

#1 it didn't snow yesterday so it's never going to snow again.
#2 ensemble means can't be trusted until they can then they can't
#3 illogical posts carry more weight than well thought out ones
#4 winter starts on October 1st but ends December 1st.
#5 a good pattern or pattern change didn't result in roof collapsing snow so it didn't change.
#6 things that were championed as a Holy grail pattern don't mean ---- once someone gets in their feels
#7 when someone mentions a good pattern or a model suite shows a good one it's the best until #5 happens
#8 #7 happens then #5 happens this causes #3 to happen which leads to a combo of #2,4,6.
#9 then it snows or winter ends and the cycle starts over

Edit forgot a few more

#10 it's warm on x date winter is over
#11 dew points are 3 degrees colder than forecast 72 hours before a system the models are busting
#12 cad always over performs
#13 x storm snuck up on us decades ago so this one will too
#14 it's never been x warm x dew point on x date arrrrrghhh
#15 the euro isn't what it used to be
#16 model bias x is why!
#17 random twitterologist repost
#18 poor model with a real known bias shows preferred outcome it must be right this time!
#19 every system from 12/1-6/1 must be a snow storm or severe event
#20 is one that makes me want to run my head through the wall like the Kool aid man. "We have to get this storm out of the way for the models to see our storm". Yes a global model says welp it's raining in the SE so I'm going to not forecast the next system well.

Geez guys it’s just ------- snow there’s far more to life than a snowflake. The banning of Phub has had some major complications it seems
Most on here live and die over a damn Snowflake. Who gives a crap whether it really snows or not? If one wants snow then move NORTH!! This is the friggin SE for crying out loud

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I mean I agree , but I just don’t understand the ppl in here who are trying to play “Told ya so” like they get Off on it if this pattern fails…. That’s a weird flex but go off. If that’s your end game you’re exactly like the few State fans that if Keatts won out and Won a natty they’d still hate him for no reason other than just to be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I agree , but I just don’t understand the ppl in here who are trying to play “Told ya so” like they get Off on it if this pattern fails…. That’s a weird flex but go off. If that’s your end game you’re exactly like the few State fans that if Keatts won out and Won a natty they’d still hate him for no reason other than just to be different

It really works both ways, same with the ones that think every great pattern will produce a snowstorm.

Most on here live and die over a damn Snowflake. Who gives a crap whether it really snows or not? If one wants snow then move NORTH!! This is the friggin SE for crying out loud

Dude, you might be the one to find another forum to visit. This place...this place just might not be for you

#20 is one that makes me want to run my head through the wall like the Kool aid man. "We have to get this storm out of the way for the models to see our storm". Yes a global model says welp it's raining in the SE so I'm going to not forecast the next system well.
There's some merit to #20 in that models can be keyed on a likelihood of probabilities that get thrown out when a system disrupts the pattern not progged. It happens. Of course that speaks more to our weather modeling technology than anything else.

It really works both ways, same with the ones that think every great pattern will produce a snowstorm.

True. I’d love for it to snow, but I’m a different breed I don’t play in it ect , I just enjoy the chase the rush of adrenaline after a big model run ect. Once the storms here it’s depressing to me bc the rides over lmao. Plus if it’s like 70 and no humidity I can pound Natty Lights and go to the lake or try to do my elderly neighbor on landscaping

Yea SC is the place snow means nothing. Y’all may never see it again. Dumb Midlands.

Back