• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

In all seriousness, I hope Webb is ok after that wind storm in NM!

Made it out ok and got really lucky it wasn't worse. Had gusts of 75-80 MPH here, only lost power briefly. Roof creaked a lot.

However, I ended up seeing some snow flurries at the end around 730-8pm last night, so that was a nice consolation prize.

Made it out ok and got really lucky it wasn't worse. Had gusts of 75-80 MPH here, only lost power briefly. Roof creaked a lot.

However, I ended up seeing some snow flurries at the end around 730-8pm last night, so that was a nice consolation prize.
We're gonna know whether the Feb is fab or folly soon. Indices are kind of lining up. At least from what I see.

If this storm doesn't trend better then I think I'm gonna call it for winter here. This is probably one the best patterns we'll have this season and if we can't get anything out of it then it's pretty much over. I'll still keep up with the forum, I'm just gonna go into spring/summer mode.

Honestly I'm ready to hang it up here too. Just tired of the endless disappointment in a city that averages 9 inches a year and we are so far at .1 with this storm trending again into barely anything. Yeah well probably get something in February at some point but like it should have happened already if Sunday doesn't trend any better

My prediction for Feb is we start off semi warm but nothing crazy. We spend the first week maybe two talking about the “incoming” cold shot around valentines day or a little after. We play the same games like the last week of will this cut enough or will that area be cold enough. Will the moisture fill in etc. Finally the cold will arrive just like it will next week, mid south or NE will score and those of us from Georgia east will be licking our wounds till next December.

My prediction for Feb is we start off semi warm but nothing crazy. We spend the first week maybe two talking about the “incoming” cold shot around valentines day or a little after. We play the same games like the last week of will this cut enough or will that area be cold enough. Will the moisture fill in etc. Finally the cold will arrive just like it will next week, mid south or NE will score and those of us from Georgia east will be licking our wounds till next December.
That’s not how that works

Reactions: SD
I thought about driving to Nashville, but temps before and after the snow are way below freezing. I could get stranded there for a week. I can't afford that. I don't know how efficiently TN DOT clears the interstates. Probably really fast, but you never know.
We get snow just often enough to where they have enough equipment to clean the main roads pretty good. The day after you’d be absolutely fine driving on the highways.

We get snow just often enough to where they have enough equipment to clean the main roads pretty good. The day after you’d be absolutely fine driving on the highways.

Yeah even here it's the neighborhood streets that suck usually

Back