• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

With todays technology, is it still possible to get surprise winter storms? Like out of the blue “damn it’s going to snow a lot tomorrow” type of storms?

With todays technology, is it still possible to get surprise winter storms? Like out of the blue “damn it’s going to snow a lot tomorrow” type of storms?
Happened a couple years ago with the January 2022 snow event for the Carolinas. All the globals, the nams, and the hrrr were dry 48 hours before the event. The RGEM was the best model in this setup

This is just insane

GFS precip bump

hcs4tFL.gif

Can we all just agree that the ideal solution for everyone would be for there to be snow at Logan Elliott's house, snow in Lavonia, GA, and no 125 degree heat in Jonesville this summer?

• Thank You
Reactions: SD
What exactly would have to happen to get that member 5? I’m sure some of you guys know exactly what would have to happen for that.
A miracle…2 different storms through next Sunday. First one is on the NW side then second one is more suppressed.

Really pissed tonight. I coach a 15 to 17 year old boys team in the town's rec league. Down by 3 and about 30 seconds to go and we have the ball. The ref calla a feeaking 3 second call on us. We didn't even get a chance to take a shot. He hadn't called one the whole game. Then after the game he says he warned the player all game. Well, then call ut the whole game! You don't wait until the very end if the game to call it for the first time in that situation. Just ridiculous. Pissed because we only had 6 players and one fouled out, and the guys played so hard all game. And they didn't even get a chance to tie it at the end because of an awful call. That same ref didn't call an obvious foul at the end of another game when my player drove to the lane for a last second shot to tie the game. Two games he didn't give the guys a fair chance to win at the end with one awful no-call and another ridiculous 3 seconds call.

Really pissed tonight. I coach a 15 to 17 year old boys team in the town's rec league. Down by 3 and about 30 seconds to go and we have the ball. The ref calla a feeaking 3 second call on us. We didn't even get a chance to take a shot. He hadn't called one the whole game. Then after the game he says he warned the player all game. Well, then call ut the whole game! You don't wait until the very end if the game to call it for the first time in that situation. Just ridiculous. Pissed because we only had 6 players and one fouled out, and the guys played so hard all game. And they didn't even get a chance to tie it at the end because of an awful call. That same ref didn't call an obvious foul at the end of another game when my player drove to the lane for a last second shot to tie the game. Two games he didn't give the guys a fair chance to win at the end with one awful no-call and another ridiculous 3 seconds call.
Go Bob Knight on them and fling a chair across the court ?. Got to start working the refs pal!

Back