• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

How cool is it that there are likely to be places in the deep SE that see snowfall (ranging from flurries to accumulating snow) from each of the next and perhaps four systems? And those that do get accumulating snow may even see snow on top of snow!

My father now lives up near Maquoketa, and they are hunkering down for all of this. I think this is a good bit, even for there.
That’s cool! That’s about 30 minutes or southwest of me. They are forecast to have line 13-18”or there abouts! The AFD said this is a once every 10-15 year storm, so definite a big deal

Prime climo and we have thunderstorms 2 different days this week...that blows! Can't fish or golf or play in the snow...misery! Be glad when stuff starts blooming in February like the last 10 years and move on.
Tarheel get your chair in position!

We might have to consult a big brain on this one. The run is more unstable vs 18z so maybe it's something to do with that initial blob moving out of SC? That seems too simple and unlikely to choke out the incoming line. Might be some weird gravity wave, meso low stuff going on
Bust

Back