• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm January 6th-10th #2

Actually, getting some light snow and freezing rain here. Not even showing on radar. So maybe the Hytop mode is on to something.

Here's something else that is off. Here in SAV, it has been pouring for the last 45 minutes. SAV was progged by the 0Z GFS to get only 0.04" of rain through 4 AM. I'm confident that close to 0.50" has already fallen with much more to go (perhaps to 1"+ total). What a colossal bust!

MBell said:
CoreyTheSecond said:
Freezing rain and sleet coming down decent now.

Anything on radar for you?  Nothing on radar here yet it's coming down.  May need the NWS to switch to a different mode?  Could be flurries an light snow everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No....I don't really see anything on radar. I hope it switches to snow because we really don't need any more freezing rain.

How bad was the GFS? It had 4+" of snow for the 3 runs prior to 0Z way down at the ATL airport! In addition, 2 of those 3 had 0.50" qpf in the form of IP! Even the 0Z has over 1" of SN!

Sorry guys. We all got screwed for the most part. That Northwest movement is legit.

Adding, moving forums around. If you guys notice something odd on mobile/tapatalk ..

CoreyTheSecond said:
MSnowAtl said:
CoreyTheSecond said:
Precip breaking out over the Atlanta area now.

It's snowing...wow what caused this!

Not sure on the exact cause but it needs to expand northward.

Upper level + surface low create a stretching motion of air.  Develop a "sometimes" steep band of precip on the back end.

DLI4SCwx said:
Shawn...How are things looking over there in Lexington?

Rain drops slowly getting colder and falling on my AC slower and slower.

Back