• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm January 6th-10th #2

campamy said:
Shawn said:
campamy said:
Still snowing here, small line set up over me. Small flakes but pretty moderately coming down.

You're going to end up the biggest winner out of all of this!  :s

Still surprised... All week been jealous of what my hometown in Georgia was supposed to

get! Road outside my subdivision about an hour ago. Hate it for my husband going to work in the morning.

Y live in cleveland to huh? Secondary roads are snowy.

DLI4SCwx said:
CoreyTheSecond said:
Thankful that the ice appears to be winding down in Atlanta.
Sorry it didn't work out for you this time Corey as far as snow goes. Hope you guys over in the ATL, can do better next go round.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope you get a lot of snow! :)

stormcentral said:
Totals for this event. 2" @Cleveland TN...#tnwx
Anyone else in southeast TN checking in tonight?

What side of Cleveland? Still snowing east side. Radar looks to be ending soon though.

Looking at the precip through 1 AM, ATL didn't miss a major ZR by too much as they got ~0.50" though maybe Corey's area, where he said trees are down, got more? From my experience, widespread outages really start getting going at around 0.75" of rainfall, which more or less means ~0.375" of ice buildup though 0.50" of rainfall/0.25" of ice buildup can be enough to get outages started.

I can't believe that Gainesville offiically stayed at 33 all through 1AM!

MBell said:
Still have a light snow falling here.  If I had to guess, I'd say 3".   What happened to the back building the nam shower around 2am??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was wrong lol. Hey be happy with your 3". That's  nice snowfall. Enjoy!

Anyone have a link or can share a pic of a skew T for charlotte? I'm shocked I'm at a mix of ip and zr right now and can't find my old bookmark to look at why.

GaWx said:
Looking at the precip through 1 AM, ATL didn't miss a major ZR by too much as they got ~0.50" though maybe Corey's area, where he said trees are down, got more? From my experience, widespread outages really start getting going at around 0.75" of rainfall, which more or less means ~0.375" of ice buildup though 0.25" of ice buildup can be enough to get outages started.

I can't believe that Gainesville offiically stayed at 33 all through 1AM!

Some trees for sure going down in my area. Not sure what the exact amount of ice we have is. But....it's more than I thought we would get.

That little wannabe deformation band really stayed mixed at best through ATL? Ugh.

Well looks like things are over in Atlanta. Well, I guess some banding could develop later. But....I would say it's a very low chance. Looks like this was just a sleet and freezing rain event for much of Atlanta. Oh well.....maybe next storm.

Thanks, Corey. Hopefully your home is OK!

As if to add insult to injury, KATL is now reporting flurries as the main precip. seems to be ending. Will any more of significance redevelop? I doubt it.

Still 33 at Gainesville though that saved them from ZR.

MBell said:
Shawn said:
That little wannabe deformation band really stayed mixed at best through ATL?  Ugh.

I thought the band was gonna develop between 2 and 3 as that energy got over here.  It's in AL now.  

Well I hope it does, cause it's already 2.

MBell said:
Shawn said:
That little wannabe deformation band really stayed mixed at best through ATL?  Ugh.

I thought the band was gonna develop between 2 and 3 as that energy got over here.  It's in AL now.  

Nexrad radar shows some banding trying to set up in N Ga. But...I figure the radar must be on sensitive mode. Looks like some light snow. I could be wrong though.

Here is what I am talking about. Radar is on hytop mode:

https://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/al/hytop/htx/?region=csg

Saw video of it pouring snow about 15 minutes from me, I have ip and zr. So goes winter in charlotte! Congrats to those that cashed in

CoreyTheSecond said:
DLI4SCwx said:
CoreyTheSecond said:
Thankful that the ice appears to be winding down in Atlanta.
Sorry it didn't work out for you this time Corey as far as snow goes. Hope you guys over in the ATL, can do better next go round.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope you get a lot of snow! :)
We will get nothing more than more rain(had tons already), possibly a few sleet pellets and a couple of flurries knowing our luck! lol   Maybe you will get in on that banding that seems to possibly be forming near you.

Back