• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Nice snow down toward mobile

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
151dd5ffaa998b03b7705b17758f32fa.jpg

This could have been a major deal for a lot of folks especially in my area, I just drove home from work and the roads were great considering how much snow had fell. If we would have had cold air in place ahead of time this would have been really bad. Glad everyone got to see some snow!

Probably just an unsaturated DGZ. That will change again as the deeper precip moves in.

Last HRRR still called for an additional 2-4" with the last band.

Yup back to all snow now but micro flakes falling

Current thinking I'm going to be a little West of the main band...i think you may be in the jack pot zone though enjoy!

Also svr tstorm warning over the FL Pen just issued... It's a go

David Chandley says an additional 4-6" of snow over Metro Atlanta. Seems too much to me ?

I don't know what the snowfall rates are in this next wave, but if it's say for example 1 inch/hr like it was in some of the heavy snowbands earlier it's possible.

Could the thunderstorms in Florida be robbing some moisture from this band?

Could the thunderstorms in Florida be robbing some moisture from this band?
Latest HRRR shows a lull in next couple hours but deformation band forms and those under it will probably see 1-2" per hour rates... I'm going to be little to the W probably will get another inch or maybe two... Those under it probably 3-5" burst enjoy it they're awesome

The HRRR keeps that band west of me. Even IF it forms. SC is snakebit when it comes to winter weather.

Latest HRRR shows a lull in next couple hours but deformation band forms and those under it will probably see 1-2" per hour rates... I'm going to be little to the W probably will get another inch or maybe two... Those under it probably 3-5" burst enjoy it they're awesome
That deformation band looks stout as the southern energy tries to negative tilt and close. I think if the northern stream trough wasn't diving in behind it tomorrow would have been a big day in parts of ga that already got hit and into the carolinas.

Speaking of that the longer that southern wave stays intact and tries to tilt negative the better before it's elongated by the approaching trough. There could still be a few surprises in parts of Ga and the upstate that got left out today. Even over this way with the banded look we might squeak out a dusting

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back