• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

For the ga peeps
e65615fedf7e3710300d7fcc9632a212.jpg
cd493a86c84d9c3d6a852fb9e8e64753.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like the NAM better than the HRRR. Which is more reliable ? You would think if we get like 8 hours of snow it would accumulate more than 2" unless its a steady light snow.

From the HRRR, it looks like the northern midlands may get a chance at something, it has been slowly inching more and more south. I never expected anything from this storm, so If I see a flake at all, I'd call it a win lol.

nam3km_asnow_seus_28.png

I don't know why I'm even looking at models anymore but this is 3k NAM from now thru tomorrow it says I get 6 more inches in my neck of the woods that may very well give me as much as 93 where I was?

I was in 5th grade when we had the 93 blizzard hit we had roughly 13-14 inches in my next of the woods and I thought i probably wouls never see something like that again and cherish that memory and always wanted my children one day to have that experience as well but didn't expect it to come true but here we are... this is why I follow weather and how aww inspiring it can be.

From the HRRR, it looks like the northern midlands may get a chance at something, it has been slowly inching more and more south. I never expected anything from this storm, so If I see a flake at all, I'd call it a win lol.
Don't think it's impossible. There are some boundary layer issues but might get a few flakes down toward cola

Who's with me we see some snow through midday tomorrow?

nam3km_asnow_seus_28.png

I don't know why I'm even looking at models anymore but this is 3k NAM from now thru tomorrow it says I get 6 more inches in my neck of the woods that may very well give me as much as 93 where I was?

I was in 5th grade when we had the 93 blizzard hit we had roughly 13-14 inches in my next of the woods and I thought i probably wouls never see something like that again and cherish that memory and always wanted my children one day to have that experience as well but didn't expect it to come true but here we are... this is why I follow weather and how aww inspiring it can be.

I grew up in Douglasville and we had 14 inches in The Blizzard of 93. That is the benchmark .... but this storm on many levels is nosing its way up against it on the list of greatest Georgia snowstorms ever. Just amazing!

I grew up in Douglasville and we had 14 inches in The Blizzard of 93. That is the benchmark .... but this storm on many levels is nosing its way up against it on the list of greatest Georgia snowstorms ever. Just amazing!
The fact this storm is occurring on Dec 8-9 alone makes this historic. Even if we dont get any more snow tonight this storm is easily top 5 for me.

Back