• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

New band taking shape now I expect rapid development due to upper level jet roaring in rounding the base
442_DEB2_B-1_D58-4_D93-_A76_D-28_A453_EA1982.png

I've got a massive limb on one side of the garage and another large limb almost weighed down across my power service. I'm probably not sleeping much tonight.
Took a 20 minute walk around the subdivision. Three different measurements over 7". Roughly every 30-45 seconds you would hear major tree limb cracking sounds with a few falling. Very thankful for the amazing snow but it will be a long night with the trees cracking.

Exactly 3 hours without power here in WS, NC. Less than 3 inches. What the heck?
Freezing my ....... off.

Man, the Gulf is an open water hose right now. There's a batch of precipitation coming into southern LA SW of New Orleans. I wonder if that is supposed to be apart of the deformation band as well. Also there's snow returns appearing around and NW of Birmingham.

EDIT: Snow is starting to refill around NE AL also. We should start to see snow move back into ATL by 11pm-Midnight tonight.

Back