• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Its been some time since we had an analog like this event. Could
be similar to, albeit a little weaker system this time around,
the March 1 2009 event when an upper low produced heavy snow with
temps in mid to upper 30s. The snow was so heavy that temps fell
to 32 to 33 and roads quickly become snow covered.

Fortunately, timing of cooler temperatures tonight is not matching
heaviest precip which should mainly occur today. Will need to keep
an eye on this as high resolution model guidance still hanging on
to decent amounts of precip tonight. Will ultimately depend on
if short wave closes off into upper low. So far model handling of
this has only shown subtle increase. If low were to cutoff
completely and slow down, amounts would be significantly higher.

They reference in the AFD (FFC)

I recalled a few frames of the models this week showing a closed 540 contour...maybe it wasn’t a fluke after all

Temp down to 34 degrees, two more to go. Mesoanalysis has 925mb below zero, probably just a little bit before change over.

A question folks... Looking at GR 3 in CC the bright band running from near Carrollton to Marietta to Gainesville.. is that indicative of the "freeze line"? If so it has been "on the march" Southeastward

Everyone's excited, but is anyone satisfied yet? (except you Aggie fans, we know already you got the love).

A question folks... Looking at GR 3 in CC the bright band running from near Carrollton to Marietta to Gainesville.. is that indicative of the "freeze line"? If so it has been "on the march" Southeastward

I believe it is. That's always been my understanding of it.

GR 3 in CC?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This just keeps getting better and better. I hope this doesn't turn into a disaster for some areas...hopefully most schools in the warning areas will close. This is really a fluid situation.
Yeah.... hope they do it soon! I smell early release day a mile away if we go...and that is no fun.. been there done that....bout 3-4 years ago..

dat northern energy phasing? looks unlikely... but holy crap if it did.. feet in the Western NC mountains.

Back