• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

honestly, this is the craziest f*cking storm I've ever seen.. need a Webber or somebody to truly explain just what the hell is going on:
gfs_asnow_seus_7.png

looking at the radar, you can see that crazy convective pipeline forming in the northern Gulf of Mexico... translated forward in time, those totals in west GA thru western NC aren't impossible, if the boundary layer temps aren't completely off. I'm assuming these models adjust for diurnal effects on the atmosphere.. Can actually see a scenario where heavy snow switches to sleet/rain in the heaviest precip bands as the day goes on.

Vaguely recall a Chattanooga snow in the late 90s where 6 inches of slush turned to rain during the afternoon and was mostly gone by nightfall.

Sorry cant copy/post this, but looking at trends vs model output I can see what FFC was refering to, with current situation to the west/southwest the snow line is running about 40 miles S/SE of model forecast in LA, MS and SW AL.. So time will tell

Light rain mixed with some really big snowflakes now in Acworth, GA.

Sorry cant copy/post this, but looking at trends vs model output I can see what FFC was refering to, with current situation to the west/southwest the snow line is running about 40 miles S/SE of model forecast in LA, MS and SW AL.. So time will tell
Wish that trend would continue....

Back