• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

The HRRR is one of the best most reliable short range models out there IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The HRRR is one of the best most reliable short range models out there IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Which makes me very nervous that it doesn't get upstate SC below 37...

The bad news is...
hrrr_asnowd_seus_17.png

This may be more appropriate in the OBS thread, but thought I would share here: I got some pics and videos from co-workers in Austin, Texas, about 30 minutes ago. They are reporting moderate, accumulating snow.

--30--

If i get to see flakes fly most of the day i won’t care if it doesn’t acummilate much

Right and if its heavy enough it can temporarily turn the rooftops and grass white so we can get a nice picture.

I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic but I hope everyone can score on this board.

Is that good for the upstate sc
No, I expect an all rain event (maybe some wet snow mix) for the Upstate/Charlotte metro (one hour north in Asheville - much more snow however)
I'm a Birmingham native - this is a rare MS/AL/western GA event - my parents (who still reside in B'ham) are ecstatic about the upcoming snow - I doubt any supermarket in central AL has bread or milk remaining on shelves
If only CAD was available...

Watch the 925 layer. We had trouble with a mesolow last year that pulled in the warm air. Not sure if this is the same feature or not, but we need to get rid of it or reduce it.

850s (0°C line) still falling south and east into northern third of SC and east of I-85 corridor in GA. Atlanta metro area hovering around -1°C line. 925mb layer is falling also. 0°C line has pushed further south and east into extreme northern AL. Hopefully both will continue to progress further south and east tonight to maybe offset the intensity of a potential warm nose.

No, I expect an all rain event (maybe some wet snow mix) for the Upstate/Charlotte metro (one hour north in Asheville - much more snow however)
I'm a Birmingham native - this is a rare MS/AL/western GA event - my parents (who still reside in B'ham) are ecstatic about the upcoming snow - I doubt any supermarket in central AL has bread or milk remaining on shelves
If only CAD was available...

Just got back for Oxford, Aldi's still had plenty of both.

Back