• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Lack of true accumulation. I don't trust it though.
seems conflicting with the other major models. Honestly wouldn't surprise me though if that rain/snow line crept into our neck of the woods. I fear we will have significant mixing issues.

850s (0°C line) still falling south and east into northern third of SC and east of I-85 corridor in GA. Atlanta metro area hovering around -1°C line. 925mb layer is falling also. 0°C line has pushed further south and east into extreme northern AL. Hopefully both will continue to progress further south and east tonight to maybe offset the intensity of a potential warm nose.

Can you show that 850 line on a map l can not bring any maps up tonight l have a bad service for some reason. Thank you :)

Very heavy snow rates possible across central AL.

refcmp_ptype.us_se.png

ref1km.us_se.png

This has all the callings of how isolated thunderstorms in the summer will translate to snowfall accumulations with this system. One neighborhood may get thumped, one down the road might get left out kind of deal.

A snowy evening in the north side of San Antonio. First measurable snow in this area since 2010, I believe.

Guests please take 30 seconds to join up, we would love to hear your input and observations.

Seems to be some issues with some stations on the SREF plumes, I can't pull up RDU but Louisburg which is about 30 miles E/NE of there snow totals have doubled... the mean is now 2" with some big hits. Don't trust it but interesting

Be careful with those composite radar simulation maps, guys. They always have more bark than bite.

What about precip type? Even on the realistic map it shows us getting snow but the radar sim doesn't, one would think that would be a slushy mix?

Seems to be some issues with some stations on the SREF plumes, I can't pull up RDU but Louisburg which is about 30 miles E/NE of there snow totals have doubled... the mean is now 2" with some big hits. Don't trust it but interesting
I was able to pull its up to 2.1 for RDU. CLT jumped up to 2.4. It double for my location as well.

Back