• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Mischief For Upper SE 3/12/18

Call it banter if you will, but I’m extremely salty I can’t even get a token flake here in the upstate today. You guys enjoy

Starting to get some heavy lift up 85 corridor from Charlotte to GSO. I can tell the ull is almost due south swinging through savanna river basin. Lot of ice mixing in with these big flakes. Should get another big punch of heavy heavy snow over the next couple of hours as the ull gets off the COAST and deepens

And the models have been showing heavy snow here at that time since yesterday. Might want to leave work a little early today.

Definitely not a bad idea. This band of frontogentically forced precipitation (w/ some contribution from melting on base reflectivity) extending along a line from about Laurinburg to Siler City and Burlington (& down into upstate SC) might be what eventually flips us over to sleet/snow in a few hours or so.

I was wrong last night when I said I'd bust on the low side. Models did great with the forecasted 1-2 inches as I got about 2 inches of snow. I didn't measure but I checked the local reports and they showed 2 inches which was the most in middle Tennessee. The Nam has done a really good job with all 3 major winter storms I've had this season. Here's some pictures of the paste job from last night. Good luck to all the North Carolina peeps!

0f049a43912363761878de6f5bddf0cb.jpg

6349314db009afb57bff9d3eaf3b9601.jpg

99807aa6e00ea1a67449741bfd49665c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West Jefferson has been the big winner so far. 6 inches and 4 in Boone. Here in Gboro we mixed went back to sleet,then rain for 15 mins or so and just now back to snow, with a few fatties re appering. Mt Airy had 2 solid inches.
Imagine if we would have been all snow since yesterday. Thought short range models did very well and rates will Trump every negative there is. Today was even more proof to add to what we already know.

Sleet mixing with rain in Wilson just off of 95. I can hear it pinging off of the cars and tin roof.

Back